xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

http://marionie.tripod.com

I'm a terrible newbie so I stumbled through FrontPage to create this.

My original one used an FP theme--but the elements wouldn't go online with the rest of the page when I tried to publish! So, I simplified everything based on a design a very kind person from another forum suggested.

I tried to make it look professional. I wish I could put those shadowed button thingies on (or whatever you call them LOL!). I dunno, what do you think?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks!

Why, thank you for being so honest, Jeff. My first request disappeared without comment. But I sent one yesterday and it was approved. It will be on FNH as soon as I get over my next deadline. Unfortunately, my limited tech powers cannot make it un-*BLEEP* as yet.

lol almost all of those tripod sites look *BLEEP* so i dont think its your faultbtw if you need any help with your new one pm me and I'll help

lol almost all of those tripod sites look *BLEEP* so i dont think its your faultbtw if you need any help with your new one pm me and I'll help

No, jeff, it's me. I just learned FP and I generally suck at tech stuff. I'll be sure to PM you. Thanks so much. So sweet of you to offer.

why don't u try using free templates... I think it would be better then what u have actualy

Cloud, I did have one with FP elements on. But the elements wouldn't upload with the rest of the page for some reason. Also, I wanted it to look corporate and removed the "horns and whistles" on the advice of a webmaster.

I could have asked someone to do my site but I wanted to try it out for myself. You all make me sorry I did.

JUST KIDDING! LOL! Appreciate all the comments and I'll try to learn more about this webpage thing when I grab some time...or if I'm ever inclined. :D

Marion,I think that you should be adding some graphics to your page.You are trying to 'sell' your person and skills, but in that manner you are only pushing people away.I believe it should be a bit more interesting and eye-catching.Aci

Marion,
I think that you should be adding some graphics to your page.
You are trying to 'sell' your person and skills, but in that manner you are only pushing people away.
I believe it should be a bit more interesting and eye-catching.

Aci

Don't worry, Aci. :wink: I burned my prettier site (it used a pretty cool FP theme)onto a disc--and that went out to my prospects. This one is just for pals and contacts. Some very kind people offered to help me make it snazzier and I'm taking them up on it. So, I hope I won't get many more sjitty comments after March. :D

Hey, at least there's one thread here that isn't just filled with: "great site", "cool colors", "I like it", "good job!" LOL!

You people make my day. :D MWAAAH! :D