xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dundun2007

Least Favorite Strategy Game

I think that the worst game of stragety is Risk II. I thought risk was a fun board game but if you play it online its a very bad reproduction of the game. So anyways what do you think is the worst stragety.

i absolutely loved the Age of empires, liked Age of Empires2 and the Rise of Rome. Age of Mythology was also good. So i was waiting for Age Of Empires 3. When i finally got my hands on it,It stinked big time. The only thing good was its pre-game video. The game obviously lets down the name of its predecessors. The game runs so slow, the characters look like trees and when a fight is taking place on water, the system will hang unless you move to a non-battle location. so AOE 3 gets my vote for the least favorite strategy game i have played

Ok, I'll be first to admit Age3 wasn't that great, but I do believe it's still a solid game, albiet missing a bit on the "new/innovation" department, as well as a slightly unengaging single player campaign. Worst strategy game for me? Um, I didn't really like Star Trek: Birth of the Federation all that much, confusing at times... oh and Theme Park (including the sequels) never rocked my boat... Roller Coaster Tycoon all the way :angry:

WC3 tottaly sucked compared to other rts I played. I dont think they should of cut down the unit supply. And they (at least in my opinion) made the heros way way to powerful. in relation to the rest of the charecters.

I would most likely have to say the Yu-gi-oh! Card game. A fad that sure died quick, eh? The strategy only involved flipping traps. That's all. No planning, no 'one-step-ahead' thinking, nothing. You just set a trap on your turn and waited to see if your opponent would fall for it on his turn. Bleh. :)

Okay, strategy RPG for me was Stella Deus... it's HORRIBLEThis is basically how it worksenemy = lv36you = lv35You = get OWNEDenemy = lv36You = lv36Fair Fightenemy = lv36You = lv37You OWN the enemyVery basic idea, and the story's sooo badAs for the PC RPGs.. well I've played Age of Mythology, Empire Earth Series, Heroes of Might and Magic, Civilization 3... loved them all.. no complaints really, all are unique in their own way

The worst RTS I've ever played has got to be Lords of Everquest. I got it expecting that Everquest would make a good port to the rts format which really, I'm sure it could have but Lords Of Everquest definitely wasn't it. The graphics weren't too bad, but the gameplay lacked big time. The game played like it was unfinished and many aspects of it seem to have been hurried through production. The amount of patches that gave any new content especially where it needed it, never came. I'd rather play a good game of a classic rts like warcraft or command and conquer any day to Lords of Everquest.

The worst RTS in my humble opinion is FAR WEST I played it just few hours one day and then deleted the game from my system as it was so bleeding boring that I just couldn't bear it.

age of empire is so boring ,,,,,,,, single game can take 24 hours and lack of good graficslike stronghold crusade wich have good graphicsi think that stronghold should come up with it new versions and expansion packs..a very good gameCOD SP is also so good

I would most likely have to say the Yu-gi-oh! Card game. A fad that sure died quick, eh? The strategy only involved flipping traps. That's all. No planning, no 'one-step-ahead' thinking, nothing. You just set a trap on your turn and waited to see if your opponent would fall for it on his turn. Bleh. :)

it's not that bad. i actually played one before and it's quite fun. you get to collect cards and fight, unlock hidden characters and fight them to unlock greater card packs. it gets boring when you've unlocked them all and the game becomes fairly easy because you have most of the great cards and probably some legendary ones as well.
for me the worst strategy game (i only play on playstation and game boy advance) is riviera. the game's pretty straightforward, you have a main character, which is a guy (supposed to be a fallen angel) and 4 supporting female characters (2 ordinary humans, 1 sort of like a vampire, and 1 mage). you gain items which upon usage can acquire skills from, although you have to develop the skills on a limbo-like stage, because it's the only stage where the item does not break. if you fill your bag, you have to throw some items away and if you're unfortunate, you might get rid of the important items. the game is something like "choose your own adventure" in a way that you choose which path to take and see where that leads you. i think the only consolation with the game is for you to choose your own ending with one of the four female characters (actually there's 6, you get 2 more endings, one the worst ending of them, and the other with your familiar).

i absolutely loved the Age of empires, liked Age of Empires2 and the Rise of Rome. Age of Mythology was also good. So i was waiting for Age Of Empires 3. When i finally got my hands on it,It stinked big time. The only thing good was its pre-game video. The game obviously lets down the name of its predecessors. The game runs so slow, the characters look like trees and when a fight is taking place on water, the system will hang unless you move to a non-battle location. so AOE 3 gets my vote for the least favorite strategy game i have played

Yes i agree I had the same problem with that game :). In one mission it took me 15 minutes+ to destroy a building cuz it was in the middle of the ocean O_o, it was annoying cuz the building needed about 5 ship hits to get destroyed but with the lagging it took ages. But the game is good, the stories are cool. and there are many units. Althought its not as good as its precedents, its still great and worth playing.

As for the worst strategy game... star craft, all versions. I mean the resources (diamont thingies) run out(duno about new versions) and once they run out you can't get any more units. I couldn't get the hang of the game. I guess it depends on whether you are star war fan or not... well I am not :)

I love the "Age of Empires", especially playing death matchs, as I'm terrible at Campaigns, but I do agree that a lot of times the objective is more of a hassle than it's really worth. So instead, I usually just throw together a death match, and usually build up huge empires, until it gets to the point that my opponent(s) are huge enough to wipe the East Coast of the US, at which point I build up my army and attack. I also like to go into Death Matches and just use cheats to either finish them off before they even start, or let my opponent build up and then I use the cheat for a Cobra car, destroying my enemy within about ten minutes or so, depending on how many chats I decide to use. And for those of you who think cheats are lazy, it's not a constant thing, bnut it's just kind of relaxing, especially after a long day of dealing with annoying people. It's quite stress relieving to blow up a medieval town with a car. How odd. Any thoughts?

To your surrise, the worst game for me is age of empiresPeople who have played stronghold crusader can understand why i am saying this. Those who started playing crusader before age of empire can never like that game.