xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
disklaimer

Warhammer 40k : Dawn Of War

I've been following this games progress for a while and it's just been released today. It looks pretty fcking awesome but i've heard kinda bad things about it too... stuff like it's too focused on the action, not much management or 'strategy' involved.I haven't played the demo yet but it's just finished downloading.Do you guys have any opinion on it?

I think it looks pretty awesome from videos and SSs. But i can see what ppl mean by focused on action too much. In developer videos the dev just talks all about how characters interact and prioperly battle opposed to scripted-turn-attack animations. He didnt really say much about startergy or buildings, units etc.I will D/L the demo anywaytell us what ya think

I played this game when it was in beta a few months ago(the end of summer around). I love this game. It's great. I forgot what race it was. But I would build up and mass these huge robots and they'd stab units and throw them across the terrain. I think I'm gonna do dl this game again. It was really fun. Great 3D graphics for a RTS.

I totally love the whole warhammer 40k scene, this game is one of the best warhammer games out yet and you are right though, it does focus a little too much on the action rather than the stratagey, but it works well for the game, Since the whole warhammer 40k univers is well.....war, i makes it more realistic.

Well with a name like Warhammer, and the fact that it is a RTS, it should focus on the action. Strategy can come later ^^!

yea how is this game?? Iv looked into it before and was wondering more about it. What is the site selling it ?? isnt it gamsworkshop.com or sumthing. Another thing dont you have to pay monthly to play this game online. If this game is only online then i wouldnt ever get it becasue of the money issue. Also i dont remember what system/console this game is played on. Thanks alot if you guys could fill me in on these things