xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Se?or Maniac

My Site Was Hacked Once Already.

Hmm.. perhaps you could use a longer password, an alphanumeric password composed of both letters and numbers, and one that does not contain any recognizable words. Pick something that nobody else would guess, like your pet's middle name.

Also, you could try finding out who logged on, and having them banned. :( I'm sure it's possible.

Hmm.. perhaps you could use a longer password, an alphanumeric password composed of both letters and numbers, and one that does not contain any recognizable words. Pick something that nobody else would guess, like your pet's middle name.

Also, you could try finding out who logged on, and having them banned. :( I'm sure it's possible.

Uh yeah what he said but....wtf your pets middle name? who the **** gives a pet a middle or last name? O_o_O

4543hhh345kljdsfis

as a matter of fact that kind a pass is the hardest fo hack
you cannot use a dictionary attac so youre lest with hours and hours of brute force

in other words this is the best one

yes, brute force word lists are in different tastes and usally have 8 signs max. So make the password as long as possible so people wont be able to brute force attack your site. Then for the real hackers, there are programs that scan your site for holes in security (Altrough I dont know any names) they are used by hackers too so you can avoind getting hacked by using them.

yes i do agree with everyone on the harder password. Also make sure that you chmod all your folders are not on 777. Sometimes you edit your site and forget to change it back. Other then that i would just make sure you web protect the pages you dont want anyone to get to.

yes, brute force word lists ......

hmmm

i presume you got one thing wrong

brute force is brute force

and word atact is a dictionry attack

those are 2 completly diffrent approches to things

i have not heard bout "a brute force word list" ?

.... it cracks passwords by using a list of words and sentances. As "list of words" sounds silly I make it "Wordlist"

yes but this is called a dictionary attack

couse it user a dictionary as possible passwords (word lists)

a brute force attack is when a prewritten script uses pure alphabetical ,numerological( :( ) resources. In plain words it goes thru every letter and number regardless of what this combination would mean

so a" brute force dictionary attack" sounds kinda fishy :(

simply put my friend make your pass at least 10 characters and mix and match this is an old one i used to have but it was like this14@hJiL4032nmPeD!brute force programs and such just love them and never store a password on your computer always write it on paper in a notebook or something or if you have the mind to do it memorize it. yes i realize that my old pass was probably a little extreme but i used to be paranoid of stuff i kept on my sites.hope this helps ya some

Yeah, mine was hacked once too... it sucks... just change your pw to something ridiculously long and crazy, write it down somewhere... then make sure you have backup as well... just in case you do somehow get hacked again by some hacking genius, you can just change the pw and reload the backup...

Waaiiit don't you use the wF source? Ah that explains it, it does not matter what your pass is/was unless you fix the major exploit in pref3 or pref4 whatever that has no htmlentities or something like that, wham bam boom someone has hacked into your *BLEEP*.