xisto Community
odomike

Help With My Phpbb Skin Wanna change the skin to a downloaded 1

Hey, any1 know how to change a PHPBB skin to a downloaded 1? I downloaded some PHPBB skins and I dont know how the hell to change the skin to my downloaded ones. And i also wanna add those skins so that my users can choose the skin they wanna be seeing whenever they log in with their usernames.Anyone know how to do that? Please help me. Your helps are required urgently.Thank you in advance for your Helps. PEACE

OK.. after downloading those skins. go to general configuration. install templates... then set that skin to be the default.. or you can let your users to choose their own skins by not setting that as override to user template :( I hope i made it clear... :(

OK.. after downloading those skins. go to general configuration. install templates... then set that skin to be the default.. or you can let your users to choose their own skins by not setting that as override to user template :(
I hope i made it clear... :(

Thank you for your help. I am gonna go and try installing the downloaded phpbb skins right now. If there is any other problem, I will holla back.

Thanks once again.

no problem.. :( take your time... me before.. i explore it on my own.. :( just read and read but if doesnt work still..that;s the time for asking help :( congrats if you make it

I have checked my forum admin Cpanel and i wasnt able to find any option where i can install new skins or templates. Now does that mean that there is something wrong with my phpbb? Do i need to uninstall and reinstall it again?Please help

I have checked my forum admin Cpanel and i wasnt able to find any option where i can install new skins or templates. Now does that mean that there is something wrong with my phpbb? Do i need to uninstall and reinstall it again?
Please help

I do believe that they meant, in the admin area beneath the "Styles Admin" category there is an "install styles" link. You will most likely find your style in there and can install it from the menu it brings up. Make sure that you copied the file templates/yourtemplate to the templates/ directory on your site... Otherwise, it wont be in the install area.

--J.

I do believe that they meant, in the admin area beneath the "Styles Admin" category there is an "install styles" link. You will most likely find your style in there and can install it from the menu it brings up. Make sure that you copied the file templates/yourtemplate to the templates/ directory on your site... Otherwise, it wont be in the install area.

I dont really get you. I dont think I have a templated directory in my website. Do i need to create one? Or is there a problem wit my site?

first thing you need to be consider is upload the template (you have downloaded latey) to template directory. Go to Styles then install that template.. that's it

Alright. Lets start at the beginning. What was the URL to your forums again? That would be the best place to start this walkthrough I think.

Alright. Lets start at the beginning. What was the URL to your forums again? That would be the best place to start this walkthrough I think.

the url at which my forums are located is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. You go there and see what the forums are like. I dont like the particular forum skin i am using right now and thats why i wanna change it.
Please help TOXI

Thanks for the link mario. Going to check it out. Any more problems, and I will holla back.Thanks once again.

Well, you can probably find what you're looking for there, but since I sat down with this to figure it out for the first time, might as well share it.It's actually pretty simple, but somehow took me a while. You just have to ftp the template files into the template directory of where your forum is. Then when you log on to CP, under the style tab, click add, you will see all the skins you have in the template directory you have not installed. Install the one you want & set it was default in configuration.Hope that simplifies it a little bit, but can't help on the part of letting users chose skins.

Well, you can probably find what you're looking for there, but since I sat down with this to figure it out for the first time, might as well share it.
It's actually pretty simple, but somehow took me a while.  You just have to ftp the template files into the template directory of where your forum is.  Then when you log on to CP, under the style tab, click add, you will see all the skins you have in the template directory you have not installed.  Install the one you want & set it was default in configuration.

Hope that simplifies it a little bit, but can't help on the part of letting users chose skins.

your little tut really helped and I have now been able to change my phpbb skins. I have also added many skins to my forums so that members can choose from a variety of skins.

Check out what i have done with the forum. See it here Odomike Services Support Forums

Once again, Thanks to everyone who helped me. I appreciate all your help.