xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Javascript/HTML form submissions On a Mac

My hope is that someone out there can help me with this problem. I have some javascript that will go thru (on a PC that is) a HTML page looking for a specifc word submitted via an onclick function. Orginally it was a form submission with an onsubmit that ran the function. But in trying to trouble shoot it I thought the mac was submitting the form differently than the PC versions (maybe the DOM) so I created a button with an onclick command. Again it works for the PC but not for the MAC.I am at my wits end. If someone can help; below is the code I am using. Including the simple form. ***Start of Code ****<html><head><title>Untitled Document</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></head><script>//var NS4 = (document.layers); // Which browser?//var IE4 = (document.all);var win = self; // window to search.var n = 0;function findInPage(str) { var txt, i, found; if (str == "") return false; // Find next occurance of the given string on the page, wrap around to the // start of the page if necessary.// if (NS4) { // Look for match starting at the current point. If not found, rewind // back to the first match.// if (!win.find(str))// while(win.find(str, false, true))// n++;// else// n++; // If not found in either direction, give message.// if (n == 0)// alert("Not found.");// }// if (IE4) { txt = document.body.createTextRange(); // Find the nth match from the top of the page. for (i = 0; i <= n && (found = txt.findText(str)) != false; i++) { txt.moveStart("character", 1); txt.moveEnd("textedit"); } // If found, mark it and scroll it into view. if (found) { txt.moveStart("character", -1); txt.findText(str); txt.select(); txt.scrollIntoView(); n++; } // Otherwise, start over at the top of the page and find first match. else { if (n > 0) { n = 0; findInPage(str); } // Not found anywhere, give message. else alert("Not found."); }// } return false;}</script><form name="search" method="post" onSubmit="return findInPage(document.forms.search.srch.value);"><font size=3><input name="srch" type="text" size=15 onChange="n = 0;"></font><input type="submit" value="Find"></form>HELLO<BR>GOODBYE<BR>ROCK N ROLL<BR></BODY></html>

In looking in the Javascript Bible 5Th Edition I found out that the command is not part of the DOM for Macs. Sooo.. just figured someone might find that useful. :roll: