xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stevey

Cpanel For Windows check it out yourself..

hey guys i wrote an article some time back on how to have your own webserver at home.... i know what drives people away from such things is just the lack of a control panel , people really want to be in full control so i set up my own home server and gave it a cpanel design. well you know theres still no cpanel for windows still under development and most likely its just gona be for the people using iis, but for the rest of us apache dudes i got a solution. the design is a cpanel green theme, and its good and all the links are working properly PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS MY HOME SERVER SO DO NOT MESS IT UP DO NOT GO DELETING THE CONFIGURATION FILES COZ THE SERVER WILL FAIL OK PLEASSE I MEAN YOU NO HARM SO EXTEND ME THE COURTESY just feel free to whizz through and see all the stuff it has, its really kool, and by the way its running on the apach2triad server bundle which you could get at http://apache2triad.net/ so if yo want to see how it see, please check out the link below. stevey.info/

tell me what you think, and im also looking for a script that can help someone to change the themes, so if you know one tell me..

Yeah there isnt one thats realeasd yet .. but there are cps for mysql like the mysql control pannell.. jus wait a bit im sure there will be some soon.. but its not that hard to open ur browser is it?

Hi there,

If you have the tar.gz files in your cPanel already have you tried just clicking on them (may require double click)? I know cPanel will unzip regular zip files in that fashion.

If that doesn't or hasn't worked for you, go get this free program:

http://www.extractnow.com/

Extract Now will unzip tar.gz extentions. You would need to do this on your computer that you have your files saved to obviously & not in cPanel. You simply drag your tar.gz package into Extract Now, click Extract and it will unzip them and put them in the same folder the gz is located in now unless you specify otherwise. Very easy and nice program.

Then just upload/FTP your unzipped files to your new hosting account in:

File Manager >> public_html

If you need an FTP program, Filezilla is a very good one and also free.

You can download it here: https://filezilla-project.org/

Yell if you need more help. You can contact me at wenchie(at)charter(dot)net if you need assistance.