xisto Community
iGuest

Thought I'd Add My Contribution...

This is a banner I recently made. Seeing how contributions are always welcomed, I figured I would give it a go. Well, here it is...

[EDIT: Image Removed]

Let me know what you think,

J. (TS)

i like it myself, it doesnt have all that excess junk that some people put on that makes it look overboard. I wish i could make a good banner for my website, i am not very good at making them.

It looks pretty good actually, I like the style - the font + colours are look good too, great job! You just made a spelling error though, 'sofisticated' is spelt sophisticated :(

It looks pretty good actually, I like the style -  the font + colours are look good too, great job! You just made a spelling error though, 'sofisticated' is spelt sophisticated :(

Thanks for pointing that out... I thought I had mispelled that word. But I wasn't 100% sure of it. But I just went to fix it and found out that I had saved the wrong image and now I don't have the psd file to edit it...Grrr. I'll just have to recreate it...lol

Later,
J. (TS)

your banner aint bad. i like its simplicity and straightforwardness. it aint got much info in it tho but its ok

17 doesn't stand alone enough, and the text on the left looks like it needs more/less emphasis (either), but that's just my opinion. I'm very curious as to how you made the impression of those keys on a keyboard. Good job, 8.58/10. :(

... I'm very curious as to how you made the impression of those keys on a keyboard...

The impression of the keyboard in the background is an image I found while googling. I thought it suited the theme of a webhost, so I added it in. All I did was fade it out and add a colour mask to it.. I also put a fading gradiant over the image, behind the words... It was a very easy image to make...
As for it being simple. That's the way I like them. I hate seeing banners that have too many images, words and animation to them. It just gets annoying and really looks like someone just started making graphics and went feature happy in their paint program. IMO...

--J.

i like that background keyboard impression in the banner. That actually depicts a webhost Toxi and it is ok the way you placed it on that banner

uhmm. I dont know about that thingo.. ask a favor plss.. Can you make one? if its ok with you? just put the text " Iskul " and design it at your own imagination.. hehe... Am I sound uhmm.. hihi... wel, just asking your favor... I'll admire most of your creations..

uhmm. I dont know about that thingo.. ask a favor plss.. Can you make one? if its ok with you? just put the text " Iskul " and design it at your own imagination.. hehe... Am I sound uhmm.. hihi... wel, just asking your favor... I'll admire most of your creations..

I'm not quite following what you are saying... Are you asking odomike or myself for a graphic? Could you be a little more specific as to what you want?
Thanks,
J.

Toxique, that banner is mad sexy. You make that in Photoshop?
You're a bit of a king with everything really aren't ya? :( make my dinner :(

...Lol. I'm not a king in everything. There is quite a bit I do not know how to do and/or need help with. But, if I do know how to do something, I'm more than willing to help out if I can. But I do try to be eclectic in the stuff I learn. I try learning a couple of things at a time, so anyone can do it, really...

As for the image, yes. I did make it using PhotoShop CS... That program is a good one. I also you PaintShop Pro and Fireworks. All great image editors and each have their good and bad attributes.

Later,
J.

I'm not quite following what you are saying... Are you asking odomike or myself for a graphic? Could you be a little more specific as to what you want?
Thanks,
J.
you gotta be specific deejames. are you asking TOXI or myself for a graphic design? I cannot design anything right now cos I lost my Adobe Photoshop 8.0 CS CD and apart from that, it was uninstaled from my comp. I am very sorry about that deejames if you are refering to me

great choice of color... i love all shades of blue B) and the smokey background effect is really effective. it exudes freshness and gives Xisto a heavenly touch.lolz. :( but it's true, Xisto is really a heaven-sent free webhost :( as pointedout early in this thread, some spell check needed, but a minor task to do. :(let us see some more of your stuff later, TS. :(

great choice of color... i love all shades of blue B) and the smokey background effect is really effective. it exudes freshness and gives Xisto a heavenly touch.
lolz. :( but it's true, Xisto is really a heaven-sent free webhost :( as pointed
out early in this thread, some spell check needed, but a minor task to do. :(
let us see some more of your stuff later, TS. :(

Most deffinately! I will probably, if I have the free time, put up a small design page on my site. Nothing extravagent, but something I can fiddle with and share some of my work with others. I've always enjoyed making graphics and templates, just never really did anything with them...lol.

Later,
J.