xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiaraRae

Msn Pop Up ? ..........

I didn't know where to put this, so I am going to ask this under "support."I don't usually use MSN b/c I don't know how to stop the pop ups from occuring.With AOL I can control it, but I'm not sure how to with MSN.I know this is probably a stupid ?, but can anyone help me? :( It's really annoying.

Use MSN's popup blocker, thats what i use, it comes with their toolbar but u can disable everything and just have the popup blocker, FireFox is prob the best choice tho b/c it has a built in popup blocker..but yah never use google's toolbar (piece of crap)

IMHO pop-up blockers don't do any good. They only mask the real problem which will cause other difficulties down the road.

It sounds to me like you've got some adware/spyware on your system.

1st delete all your cache and cookies.
2nd get rid of the adware. The easiest way is to install an adware removal app like spybot or ad-aware.

I personally use ad-aware. You can get it here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Run that and delete what it finds. Run it on a regular basis, like when you would normally run a system scan with your antivirus app.

Avoid installing apps known to contain adware/spyware like kazaa, weatherbug, plugins for IE like search bars, etc.

A personal firewall can really help too.

I use IE on a regular basis and never get pop-ups. :)