xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiaraRae

Ok, I Have Downloaded Phpbb.... .....

...but everytime I try to open up any of the phpBB folders, it says something about having to find out where it came from (what site it came from I mean).I downloaded it from the phpBB site.Does anyone know an easier way to tell me what to do next?Does anyone know where I can find an equally nicer forum?

you didn't need to download the forum from the phpbb site.you can install it automatically from the cpanel that Xisto offers. go to the cpanel ( yourname.trap17.com/cpanel ) and put your login/pw. after that, scroll down to the PreInstalled Scripts section, and click on hpBB :( and then just follow the intructions.there are other forums you can use, like invison board, xmb, etc... you can check that in the Addon Scripts link, that is under the PreInstalled Scripts section. :(

Does anyone know where I can find an equally nicer forum?

hi bro

look im running forums on both IPB and phpBB

if you wanna use the later i recomend the best variation of it which is

PHPBB by Przemo

it a all in one package

loads of security issues solved

loads of quality mods preinstalled

and still compatibile with the genretic

the transalion is a bit bad but i can provide you with assistance since im .......:(

http://przemo.org/

and pm me if you want my MSN/ICQ

extract phpbb, and upload it to your sitego to cpanel, creat a databasego to phpbb, and i think it is config.php, install.phpwhich you input admin acount, and your mysql database.then your done!

extract phpbb, and upload it to your sitego to cpanel, creat a database
go to phpbb, and i think it is config.php, install.php
which you input admin acount, and your mysql database.
then your done!

why have all the trouble doing that if you have an automatic installer for phpbb forums (and others...) in cpanel?

Nice idea. Does anyone know which exact types of message boards are pre-available with this whole hosting package? I'm still working on my 10 posts or so to get my hosting package, so I want to know exactly what i'm getting.

Nice idea. Does anyone know which exact types of message boards are pre-available with this whole hosting package? I'm still working on my 10 posts or so to get my hosting package, so I want to know exactly what i'm getting.

There are 2 times of message boards that are available in the cpanel one of them is invision power board and the other is phpbb (both boards are pre-installed scripts). If you want another type of board you can upload it and install it yourself :(

but..instaling phpBB fro cPanel (auto-)script or fantastico as well, usually including all languages.i suggest u install phpBB from its own script with language (or some) u choose. if will safe your disk about 5meg even more.

sorry...
is phpBB better than Invision Power?

Well im my opinion both the boards serve their purpose for posting messges etc. but i think IPB has better and more features for admin. I think its more popular also (correct me if i am wrong :()

sorry...
is phpBB better than Invision Power?

Well im my opinion both the boards serve their purpose for posting messges etc. but i think IPB has better and more features for admin. I think its more popular also (correct me if i am wrong :()
i ever try IPB before phpBB. seems similar features. and i found system backup at phpBB but not at IPB. it was months ago. i dunno for the latest version.

Im quite sure there is a back-up feature on IPB.Anyway, its well worth it to try out both and see what you prefer. Make up your own mind. Dont listen to an old rambler like me (13yrs old actually :()