xisto Community
puppyforest

I Need Help! Trying to upload w/ Frontpage

Hey,Can someone give me simple step-by-step intructions for uploading my website from Frontpage? I've been trying to, but I think I'm doing something wrong.Thanks in advance,Puppy

Don't use frontpage, its crap. Just get all your websites files in 1 folder somewhere and then upload them with flashfxp or cuteftp (good ftp programs)

For these programs use the following settings:

Server: ftp.trap17.com
Username: YOURUSERNAMEHERE
Password: YOURPASSWORD HERE

And connect to it then drag all your files from the folder into your ftp program once you are connected to your account.

AND THATS IT!!!

You can obtain these ftp programs (trials) from:
Flashfxp
CuteFTP

thanks. I got the files uploaded, but when I go to my site, I don't get it. It was easy to get the files there, but now what? Why can't I see my site? Can you help me there?

Did you upload to your site soemwhere in the public_html folder??? Because if you didn't you wont be able to view your files through your browser.
E.g: I wanna veiw index.php thorough my browser
I upload index.php using my ftp to public_html/site/index.php
So now I can view it thorugh my browser at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I dunno if thats wat happened 4 u puppy but try it out if u think u did it wrong

you may also see your directory as /www or just / upload whatever you want to upload to that folder. it is just a short cut to your /public_html directory.

you may also see your directory as /www or just / upload whatever you want to upload to that folder. it is just a short cut to your /public_html directory.

oh,currect.u are suppose to upload ur webpage to the file public_html by cuteftp.then you must delete the former index.html outside the file and ur index.htm will be valid.good luck! :(

If you have any problems and do decide to use frontpage to upload your files then just follow these directions.1. Open webpage and make sure all pages are saved.2. Click on File and publish web3. Then type in the address of your website in the http box.4. Then click on publish and it will ask for your name and password (its your cpanel name and password)5. It should start to upload and should automatically be put in the public html folder or the www/.I am using frontpage 2003, so if your version is different, it should still be similar. I hope this helped, tell me if you run into any problems.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me! The site was up, it was actually on my computer that the problem occurred. I know this because I used internet explorer to view it and not the AOL browser, and it was there. Stupid AOL! I'm getting a new ISP as soon as I can. :(

~Puppy

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me! The site was up, it was actually on my computer that the problem occurred. I know this because I used internet explorer to view it and not the AOL browser, and it was there. Stupid AOL! I'm getting a new ISP as soon as I can.  :(

~Puppy

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you was unable to view your website from internet explorer, then i do not think that the problem is from your computer. Maybe there are some missing codes in your website which prevents people from being able to voew it in internet explorer. U know, since internet explorer is the most popular of the internet browsers, it is hard to find any particular website which cannot be viewed with internet explorer.

Try to validate your web codes to see if there is a problem in there.

BTW, I just visited your site through internet explorer and there was no problem with it. Everything is and is still working fine. How come you say that you were having problems viewing it through Microsoft internet explorer?
Edited by odomike (see edit history)

No, I can view it now as well. At that time I couldn't. I don't know why. I thought it was on my computer. But it works now. thanks

You are welcome. Got any other problems? just post it and you are sure to get answers for it.Stay Kool. :(