xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PC Games, worth your money?, Hardcore gamers read this

I always thought that PC Games are worth my every cent buying them because they have very good graphics compared to some consoles but almost every new game requires you to change your Video Card, upgrade your RAM which is very costly.So isnt getting a XBOX/PS2 more worth it when the game creators keep to the limit?

I agree that it is more worth it to buy games initially. Because Consoles in the beginning do have better graphics than PCs. But then later PCs will end up surpassing Consoles on graphics. Theres great games on both formats though, FPS for PC, Fighting and RPG for consoles, etc.

i have an xbox , and dont see the point in buying pc games really as there are some great online games and the great titles come out on xbox. all i get on PC are the classics and the rugby and football manager sims as consoles really cant compare on them.All i have areFlight Sim 2004Pro Rugby Manager 2004Pro Rugby Manager 2Football ManagerI mainly use my PC for software and web design stuff etc..... as well as all the stuff available online.

i dont have xbox or ps2 but i think that the problem on changing video card or ram memori ir really very expensive, and sometimes is better to buy a console that buy 3d cards or ram memori.

well pc gamea are much better for onlie cod and css for example but with xbox live now etc it getting closer.i think perhaps consoles are becoming too much like pcs.rather play my pc thought to be honestpc games are also cheaper which is good for a budget

Well, I think that PC games are worth the cash. I remember me buying Freelancer atleast 1 and a half year ago and I still play it...Although I do own an Xbox, I like my pc above my Xbox, even with games such as Halo2 and Fable to keep me busy..lol

Yes, it's true that PC Game producers go over the limit ocassionally, but it's not like you have to buy a new video card+RAM for every game. I've been living off of my lousy NVidia GeForce4 Ti and 256MB of RAM for about 3 years now. I can even run next-generation games on my computer, like Half-Life 2. Updating your video card and RAM is something you do every few years, but also, every few years new accesories, enhancements, and new consoles come out, so it's really not that different in console and PC gaming. It all costs to much money ;)

My opinionPC Games, worth your money?, Hardcore gamers read this

Well its true most of the new games out need all the ram and a decent graphics card.. But I bet you would save a **** load of money when it comes to games on PC.. You can easily save alot by just downloading the games off the net. And for those who complain about having to upgrade your PC everytime awsome games come out.. Save up and build your own.. Its cheap and you get a better pc. I saved up $1450 working at McDonald's and probaly wont have to add anything to this for a good 5 years.I'm running an E8400 OC @ 4ghz on a Gigabyte p35-ds4 MoBo all cooled in an Antec 900 case w/ Ultra 120 Extreme heatsink, 9800GTX, 2x DVD multi and a 500gb HDD.

You just need to know where to look and how to get what you want. Best thing bout PC games is its soo easy to get them without having to pay for most games. Borrow a game off a friend and just crack it... EASY!

And... Personally I would never spend money on a console .. Its not the same. Soo easy playing action games on pc then using a small controller with limited buttons and the comfort of playing it on pc is soo much better like COD or CS:S. Example why complain bout the price of games.. You spend about $700 for a PS3 console and then for all the new games your looking at around $90 atleast for 1 game. Same with XBOX 360 about $300 for a console now and then $70 minimum for latest games.

This is all my own personal opinion.. Its up to you what you like and what you think!

-reply by Elias

Mostly TruePC Games, worth your money?, Hardcore gamers read this

I would agree with you on that but there is one thing when you have to purchase points to buy games and other stuff while at the same time you are getting ripped off "$50" for having a membership to play. You play for free on pc online. No memebership required and no fees. Oh, about having to buy new hardware is your choice. I still play crysis, fall out3, farcry 2, ect. On my AMD 3800 duo core 2GB ram 8600 gts. I have no problem with them at all. It is just on having the best graphics and latest hardware. /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif

-reply by Doomsayer

i think most of the major pc games have a pretty lenient set of video card/ram requirements as far as that goes.. unless your computer system is more than 6 years old, there's not going to be much of a problem. Either way, you would want to update your video card/ram for optimum computer performance, if its not up to par... I don't own an x-box, but I've done the pay-per-month mmorpg games and haven't come across any major upsets.so it isnt so much that part which dulls the appeal of pc games for me, but the fact that most mmorpgs just require a lot of time inputted into the game in order to get anywhere..for me, thats the main drawback

Edited by gummybear (see edit history)

This really depends on how you look at the situation.Nowadays, it's almost easy to just go with a "next-generation" console. The graphical and processing power of consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PS3 far surpasses those of most machines that even some computer enthusiasts may have. In my eyes, I can clearly justify why I do most of my gaming on my 360: because my laptops can't run most games with eye candy, and shutting things off to accommodate my lacking hardware performance diminishes the experience a bit.I will go with the case of an Xbox 360 because I own one.An Xbox 360 costs about $400 for the Pro variant. That is a $400 machine that can play games, play DVDs, supports streaming content, and interact with online content. It houses a 3.2GHz triple core processor (Xenon), a beefy and uniquely-designed GPU, 512MB of GDDR3 RAM shared with the GPU with (again) a unique unifying architecture, and HD and digital audio support. A computer with similar specifications (CPU: $200; GPU: $100-200; RAM: $50;, HD: $50; peripherals, network card, sound card, and optical drive: $50-$100) could cost much more, comparatively. Hardware-wise, you would be smart to go with a 360.Now, looking at the price of games at MSRP, console games cost a bit more than their computer counterparts: $50-60 as opposed to $20-50. Online play with Xbox 360 on XBL costs $50 a year to play, as opposed to free online play with the exception of some games and most MMORPGs (with World of Warcraft at $15/mo, or $180/yr). You also can't surf the Internet, install and run additional software, implement customization, choose your operating system, or do much else outside of entertainment application with an Xbox 360.With a computer, you can upgrade your components, whereas with a video game console, you're stuck with what you have (unless you hack/modify your console). Upgrading may be considerably cheaper than purchasing the next generation video game console, which would probably cost around $300-$600, unless there is a real overhaul of components involved (like purchasing a new processor which would require a different socket type, which means a new motherboard would go along with it, or if you were to upgrade to the latest GPU).However, there's also the thought of actually keeping hardware for a considerable amount of time and the factor of a console's "usable period." If you can still have fun with your aging Pentium 4 machine that can still run newer games at reduced graphics, it is still usable. Likewise, you can still have fun with your old SNES.It really depends on what you're looking to do. Flexibility is won hands-down by a PC, but a video game console can't hurt as a primary entertainment system.

First of all, you will have to think about you ability(ies) to make such a game;can you program all the game and code it?can you generate graphic as good as the game you buy?And many more....Then, you have to consider this:If you were to take programming lessons and other things like that, and produce the same quality game, does it worth the learning? - long term and short term - if you rarely buy games and this is one of the few you buy, then taking lessons just for 1 game is not really efficient and vice versa, if you buy loads of games, then making your own might cost more (time etc.) but it definitely is a great archievement (you are already professional, then consider this another project).Also, know what you are buying and think what makes the game worth it. There must be a reason for such items to cost a certain amount of money. After all, if you are just playing the computer game and not knowing how to make one of what it takes to make one, then it's probably worth it. Another thing (slightly off topic), does time worth the money? For example: is your gaming time spent worth the money you paid?