xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zenchi

Alternitive Windows Shell

Does anyone know of some clean, sleek, and well to be frank, low memory using alternitive windows shells? I used to use black box for windows. (BB4win.org)

I stopped using it because it would not work correctly with fullscreen applications.

hrmm an alternate windows shell? .. not sure what you mean but Litestep is a pretty good alternate window shell with plenty of support and other stuff from cuztomize.com give it a try.

Shells for Windows?Yeah, I guess I am getting pretty tired of that old start menu in the corner. I want something more customizable and clean. That blackbox shell on Windows seems promising. I used bb with linux since my comp was too old to handle kde or gnome.

Windowblinds...StyleXP...Litestep...There are many.My personal favouroite is Windowblinds, as it does not use much memory or resources. But it costs money and you have to buy it! I have used it on trial and that's it.

Talisman 2, and Aston ShellBoth are good and use less resources then Explorer

Talisman 2
Aston

Are these proggies free?
At least I know Windowblinds and styleXP are shareware.

has used Talisman once earlier, but didn't like it. Was probably a freeware then. This may be a newer version... So have to check it out personally or anybody giving clues here?

Thanks

Googlue!

I don't like WindowBlinds:1. It takes up a decent amount of memory, and thus slows down the computer, and sometimes you have a completely black window (repainting failed)2. Fullscreen apps (eg games) don't work for me:(3. You have to pay for it!