xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

J.R.R. Tolkien Books

Hello,Who reads Tolkien, here???I already read the Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion, and The Hobbit, and Roverandom, and Master Giles of Ham. Beggining to read Unfinished Tales now...(sorry about my very bad english, guys...) :oops: hehehe

Hi,I'm a huge fan of Tolkien too.I have read:The Lord of the RingsThe HobbitThe Silmarillionand Lost Tales/Unfinished Tales (of Numenor and Middle-Earth).I know very much of it !Where are you from if I may ask ?

No thanks.Hantal? ar n?mari? (=> thanks and farewell ?)I'm so freaked to LotR :lol: I also have the book 'Weapons and warfare', it is a very good book too,but it isn't a readbook, it's an information book (A4-format with a lot pictures...)Very nice book (by Chris Smith) !

Hantal? ar Nam?ri? = Thanks and Farewell !!! :lol: yes

I?m freaked too... all about Tolkien...

But I prefer the original books, no books that tell about Tolkien, only the Tolkien?s books... :wink:

Miquilis :lol:

I don't know what 'miquilis' means :? But I also prefer the original books, but that 'Weapons and Warfare' is really a very nice book, it has for example a 'two page filling' picture with the strategy at helmsdeep, a page with the distance of all the different arrows ...Very nice book, I saw it from a friend and I buyed it immediately myself ! :wink:

Yeah, I read them a few years ago now. I enjoyed them a lot then and I enjoy them now. I read The Hobbit first and found it a kids book but when I read LOTR I loved just how much darker it was. Old J.R.R my have been a fairly bright cookie to have imagined all of that.

Aiya mellonli!I read Tolkien aswell, in fact, I think that Tolkien is one of history's best writers.I've read: The Lord of the Rings, in Dutch and English.The Hobbit, in Dutch.The Silmarillion, in Dutch.And some Dutch compilations of Tolkien's other works.

Hey je spreekt nederlands (ik ben van belgi?)ik heb alle boeken ook int nederlands gelezen.Welke heb je nog gelezen mischien ? (some dutch compilants ???)

hey, Ialso red all his books, except the Lost and Unfinished talesDoes anyone know if there's a downloadable e-version of these books available on the net?

The Hobbit is orginally a 'kids book':wink:  ,Tolkien wrote it for his kids but then he gone further with Lord of the Rings

yeah, it was JRR's idea to write a tale for kids... but sth. good came out of this ;) but LOTR is just fabulous... i love it ;)

and whats your favourite character?? legolas & gandalf are my foavourites... :D