xisto Community
truvu17

Redirect Manager Help cant seem to make it work

:P originally, I only had to add one redirect path and it worked fine for quite awhile... but recently, all of the sudden, its not redirecting to the page I want it to... On top of that, when I go into redirect manager to actually delete the old path and add a new redirect path, it wont let me... its really weird... if anybody could help me with that!!! thanks!!!

actually strike that... now my whole php-nuke site is not working... anybody know if the server is working or not? I didn't modify nothing to cause it to not work at all... please let me know thanks...

:P
originally, I only had to add one redirect path and it worked fine for quite awhile...
but recently, all of the sudden, its not redirecting to the page I want it to... On top of that, when I go into redirect manager to actually delete the old path and add a new redirect path, it wont let me... its really weird... if anybody could help me with that!!! thanks!!!

well, i think your problem will come from your cpanel. maybe you have to PM ADMIN and tell him to help you correct the problem or probably help you del the old directory.

if your index.html page is in folder www or public_html (their the same thing) it is the main page, no redirection is needed but it has to be .html, not .htm and for php you can just make it so that anyone that gets on .html gets redirected to the .phphope this helps and im not too confusing :(

use the redirection manager and specify the particular pages in your site which you want to redirect. also specify the particular pages you are redirecting them to. i think that will really help you

There were no errors.... when I delete or add a redirect path, it tells me it was deleted or created... but when I go back to redirect manager page, not has changed... I have no idea... should I ask the admin to reset my account back to default then?

well, i guess the only option will have to be for you to PM admin and tell him to reset your account. that will surely del everything in your account. then you can start afresh

Save Index.html as index.html and check if it works (Case sensitive)

i have 2 words for you.... THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :( *okay so that was more than 2 words... :( that was the last thing i would have thought, but it is working now.

i have 2 words for you.... THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!  *okay so that was more than 2 words...  that was the last thing i would have thought, but it is working now.

You really need to thank him a lot. What were you thinking that made you to forget that?

Just a tio, if you have a .whatever that doesn't auto-matically(sp?) make it the default page instead of the directory, like .xxx for me >_>, just add DirectoryIndex index.w/e to your .htaccess file, if there isn't one...make one, but there should be.