xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Magic-Node

Signatures

I have a question: Is it really nessesry to have thees huge banners in the signatures. I am starting to get tiered off scrolling 1/3 screen length extra for every on that wants to show some picture. Wouldn't it be a good idea to ban thees pictures or at lest set up a rule about how high they are aloud to bee ?

100 px is a reasonable size for a sig. But I've seen some sigs, if resized to that specific size, would really look horrid. So, it would be a real inconvieniance for those who have larger sigs to change them. But at the same time, I can understand about the size. Some people go way over the top to create some massive sized sig.. It does get a little annoying trying to read a post when half of it is a sig...

I believe it doesn't matter. People sohuld be allowed to express who they are and their creativity, and not be constrainted by some rule which says it can only be 100px. I could make mine 100px, but it would ruin the main image. If you're complaing on mine, well, you can disable loading my image in internet explorer. :P

Your's Zenchi is one of the larger banners I have ever seen created. But I can't complain. If the images are making the page loading too slowly, then maybe this board should have an ability to make it so you can view the board without the images. I have seen it done on several other mB's with these problems. Though this mB has so few members compared that I can't complain. Mine is I think regular web banner size.

Mine is 500 x 250, yours is 500 x 100, so you really don't have room to talk. Since this is so bloody important to others who can't wait 2 or 3 seconds longer to load a page, I've taken my time to look for the image disabeling option in Internet Explorer.In the latest version of IE (6.0.29, SP2) it's Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Multemedia > (Checkbox) Show Pictures.

I don't think this board is that bad for sigs. I mean I've been to some that have a huge sig pic, with animation, plus an additional 6 or 8 blinkies, followed by another three or four quotes. At that point, ya have to just hit the stop button disallowing the whole page to load. I use "Secretmaker" which cuts down on some banners and images from being loaded, but it doesn't nail em all. Annnnyhoo, my point is the 150 max would make it sleek if everybody needed sigs, but it doesn't look like here that everybody wants a huge sig.

well... if you think the board loads to slow...use the light version... (or lo-fi)
then it wont be a prob...

The light version is to light it don't even have something that shows witch massages that are new:unsure:

In the latest version of IE (6.0.29, SP2) it's Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Multemedia > (Checkbox) Show Pictures

yes but that makes all the images go away. It will be hard to answer any posts..:D

Mine is 500 x 250, yours is 500 x 100, so you really don't have room to talk. Since this is so bloody important to others who can't wait 2 or 3 seconds longer to load a page, I've taken my time to look for the image disabeling option in Internet Explorer.
2 or 3 seconds for you perhaps, but i that is stuck on a modem it takes much longer to load an big signature

yours for example is (was you did remove it, good :lol:) 90 kb large, my maximum download rate is 5 kb/s 5/90= 18 s just for your signature. If you count all the signatures at this topic their total size is 268 kb = 53,6 s off extra loading time. :P