xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BoSZ

Picasa googles way on viewing images

i never look at applications that are only for viewing images
i like my XP picture preview
but a came across PICASA while browsing thru google

i gatta say taht i expected sthing else thats why i tried it

but i can admit that i was suprised to see a viewing app that could repalce my former choise

it more efficent to use XP's viewing engine but for big galleries ... thats the product

its free under gpl

it has evern more features then i explained so imma paste a description from the manufacturer

View, email, share, edit, find[/br]  [br]	Automatically organizes[/br]	Change color to black & white[br]	Easy install of Hello[/br]	Better integration with Hello, now including printing from Hello[br]	E-mail (now with HTML storybook)[/br]	Print at home[br]	Order photolab prints[/br]	Innovative timeline[br]	Slideshow (now with music!)[/br]	Import from camera[br]	Powerful search (now with keywords)[/br]	Red-eye removal[br]	1-click enhance[/br]	Cropping (new!)[br]	Supports .jpeg, .tiff, .bmp, psd, and .gif (new!)[/br]	Movie support (new!)[br]	Support for network drives (new!)[/br]	Scalable thumbnails (new!)

i especially recomend it to win 98(95) and millenium users that have to install a previewing app to see pics

d/l link
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is old news...But, yes, Picasa does sound interesting. I'd probably download it if I had a use for it, but I don't have large photo collections or anything such, so using IrfanView to browse though easily has wroked well enough for me so far.

Picasa is great, I jsut got it a week ago and I find it really usefull, only problem is that when it scanned my HD for pics it also added ones from things like folders within programs. Just took a while to get it to stop monitoring those folders.