xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

XP System Restore

I need to use System Restore - but it won't load - all I get is a white box. Is there anyway of running it via DOS or something.Please HELP ME!-Hazaa-

Sorry, looks like your out of luck. If anyone can give you a way to run it any other way, i'll be amazed. (Have you tried booting into SafeMode before running it?)

Well I'm not sure about the BIOS and how it will interfere because System Restore discs have a page stored on your hard-drive.Also another thing that came up to me, are you using the CD system restore or are you using system restore from Windows XP Control Panel? DOH I should have asked this first!Is the WinXP a legal copy? lolWhat SP do you have?Did you use any "windows modder software" to mod your Win.

Once again I doubt it was the BIOS.Maybe the collection file neccessary by the System Restore got deleted?Had any viruses recently?You can always try getting help from the Support, since they are professionals and certainly know better about this issue then any of us here at forum.

Yeah, since you can boot into Windows, I doubt that it is your bios. Usually, if you screw up your bios, you can't boot into anything. You would need a new motherboard, no way to fix a bad bios flashing.Do you have a manufacturer's rescue disk or the actual Microsoft's XP disc? If you have the actual disk, you could try reinstalling XP. Just don't do a clean install, that would wipe your disk and start over.

You would need a new motherboard

Naah. Just unplug your computer, take a screwdriver, jently remove the bios batarey, hold the screwdriver for a fiew seconds at the age of the space where the batarey was(the metal one), put the batary back and restart. If the problem is in bios, it should help.

You flashed the Bios.... uh-oh.there should be a 2 pin jumper on a 3 pin node on the mobo. turn the pc off (obviously) and take the jumper out and move it one pin up. then remove it again and put it back.This will reset your bios. :wink: