xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Anti virus???

Hmm, I would have to say there are quite a few good anti-virus scanners out there. There is norton, pc-cillin, and zonealarm all of which I have used and work really well. So I would recommend any of those three, zonealarm anti-virus comes with the firewall and the other two are standalone products. You may want to check out this three if you get a chance.

Kaspersky is the best but it slows down the PC a lot.

Yes, using kaspersky - things load very slowly - im annoyed, how can i stop this disasterous effect!!!

McAffee or what eva (too drunk) is *BLEEP* - dont use it. its a waste of money - it can't clean files properly - hate it hate it hate it.Ahhhhhhhh

Norton 2004/2005 corporation ed. Try it. You wont regret!

Do you mean norton corporate v9?

I think its good, but im wondering how good its detection rates are, can anyone shed any light on this? Ty! 8)

I use AVG Antivirus Free Edition. It is very good, up to date, and (did I already say it?) FREE!http://www.avg.com/de-de/free-antivirus-download

Like he said AVG kicks @$$, norton and mcafee can't compare... norton you have to renew you stupid subscription like every 6 freakin months, and to top it off you have to PAY!!! same goes with Macfee

if you can spare a little expensive i would recomen buying AVG 7 (non free editon) cause you never have to renew your subscribition you just buy on how long you wanna use it.. and you can acutually buy int terms of years and not months... anywho...

a excellent example of how AVG kicks @$$, back in January of 2004, I got very mad at Norton cause it kept slowing down my machine and i was thinking about mcafee, when i heard about AVG. so decided hm... if these 3 are like the big dogs, maybe i should see who is the best...

so i downloaded 10 viruses on purpose from the net (trust me you'll be surprised of what you can find if you now where to find it :D) anywho i download 5 harmful virus and 5 non-harmful...

i made sure i did NOT execute the virus to be on the safe side, so i updated the defintions of AVG, norton, and mcafee, and then i hid the file in different locations on my hard drive... then i had each one of them run a full system scna...

the results:

norton found 2 harmful and 1 non-harmful
mcafee found 5 harmful and 2 non-harmful
AVG found 5 harmful and found 5 non-harmful..

so there :D