xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zenchi

Any Sci-fi(ish) Fans Out There?

:lol: I'm somewhat of a Sci-Fi fan, but not a Trekkie (Whatever that is. :D) I usually watch things more down to earth, like the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and the fartherest I go (Play on words. xD) is Andromeda. I'm not sure if the X-Files fit into this catagory, but that's one too. :P

Ya, X-Files counts as sci-fi. I'm a Trekkie, as was my mom before me. :P I'm a fan of TOS, but NG is okay too. Anything past NG like Deep Space 9 is just scary and wrong. eep. Did you know LOTR is in the Sci-fi section at Best Buy? I thought that was pretty wierd.

the only sci fi stuff that i like is Star Trek Voyager. That's because I got a chance to see alot of the episodes. If I had known back then I would've watched the old Star Trek episodes. Now i don't watch anything or like anything sci fi.

Never really watched much Star Trek, only Star Trek: Next Generation...I absolutley love the Star Wars films and the Terminator films kick *bottom*...I love the Twilight Zone and also quite alot of Sci-Fi Anime :P Quite like watching classic Sci-Fi films such as War of the Worlds and 2001: A Space Odysee...But Im more of a Horror fan :D

I love Sci-Fi. Twilight Zone (the old 50's and 60's episodes) is my favorite show. Outer Limist is cool too. Like you, Zenchi, I like the more down to earth SF, even though I really enjoy Star Wars (which is really more fantasy than SF, but that's a discussion for another topic).One of my favorite science fiction movies is Gattaca, which, if you havn't heard of it, deals with the issue of reaching perfection based on gene manipulation and socieity's obsession with focusing on superficiality - in this case, whether someone was genetically manipulated or not. It's facinating for the issues it raises, but is also a very artistic movie. While the setting is in the future, almost everything you see echoes of the 50's, which combined with the cinamatographic style gives the movie a wonderful film noir feel. Highly recommended movie.Dark City, while not being very original, is also an interesting SF film. The style again is noir-esque, and highly enjoyable.Does anyone else know of any other noir SF films? I'd really like to know if ya do.As far as the theme goes in SF, my favorite is utopia/dystopia - the crown jewels being, of course, are the novels Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Utopia, and Brave New World. Political science fiction and fantasy is preferable for me than 'hard' sci-fi or sword-and-sorcery fantasy.I've read all of the Ender's Game quartet, but haven't read the Ender's Shadow trilogy yet. Almost finished reading Dune, which is better than I thought it would be.I haven't played many science fiction oriented games, because many I play could go either way between being SF or fantasy.And I read quite a few Star Wars comics (and especially love the Tales of the Jedi series), as well as Scion, which is more quasi-SF in a fantasyish setting.Anyways... Science fiction, wheeeee!

Yeah I love sci-fi but it is more of a sci-fi movie fetish rather than series like the twilight zone or the outer limits.I love all the star wars movies (even episode one), the matrix and reloaded (revolutions was ok)minority report, alien , predator and much more.Don't like star trek that muchbut i'd watch it over alot of other programmes.

I liked watching the twilight zone and X-Files(too bad they're gone now) And if LOTR was really under sci-fi, then my fav sci-fi movie would have to be it :angry: The story never gets boring and those big action scenes were great :rolleyes:

I;m definately a sci-fi fan. Ridiculously so! Not a trekkie either though, except the last movie was really good. Also a big fan of some really old sci-fi. Did any of you ever watch Quantum Leap, what a great show. The star wars trilogy dvd box set is definately next on my list of things to buy!

i'm a HUGE star wars fan...yeah i think it's more fantasy than sci-fi. kinda the same as red dwarf, it's more sitcom than sci-fi (even though it's set in space)