xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamefreaksl

I've been looking for a good free host for 3 weeks

gamefreaksl which hosting option are you using for your site right now? cant you just ask for an upgrade when you get enough posts for the 2 or 3 gig bandwidth hosting packages? i dont see how your site uses that much bandwidth, other than the flash games maybe, but are those stored on your site or do you just use embed tags and have the source as the place where you got the games?

I have been loooking for free hosting for so long, I was using one but it was horrible the bandwidth limit was crappy and around the first week of rvry month the website would be down, bandwidth used or something like that and they'd put a nasty ad insted of my website it was just horrible, the space limit was good thats the only reason i stayed there for a while, but well now i found trap! and i think im stayin here! <_<

I looked around for ages, trying to find a good free web host. Truth is, theres is no such thing....Xisto is close, but its not free free, it just doesn't require payment.In the end, I just bought web hosting, with pretty much unlimited everything, and it only cost me ?30... And I haven't changed hosts, paid hosting is quite cheap if you go to the right place, and its often very much worth it.The thing is with free hosting is, theres always a catch. Some its adverts, some its no server side, some its very limited space or bandwidth, some it tries to sell you a paid product after a few months., In my opinion, its easier to go with cheap paid hosting.Although, Xisto is brilliant, it is paid hosting!

Edited by minimcmonkey (see edit history)

I hope this one will be the last host I look at. :)
Oh and is there anyway I can get 1 gb bandwidth without paying cause I dont have any money and I need it. ;_;

Dear friend just continue with your quality posts and you can be hosted soon. Thats what I want to say. You are at the right place and just stop your search for  new places even I have searched for many and stuck here as it is the best place to be. And what they are providing is the best I think. 

Dear friend just continue with your quality posts and you can be hosted soon. Thats what I want to say. You are at the right place and just stop your search for new places even I have searched for many and stuck here as it is the best place to be. And what they are providing is the best I think.

What you say is true, Xisto is the best free host I have ever found, but you do realize this guy in not active and hasn't posted in almost 4 years right?

Trap 17 rocks.. but for a new user, its a real maze.This is day 2 of my search for a good host. I got here using google. I will patiently get to understand how to find my way around. My progress so far;1.sign up with trap 17 user forum2. sign up with billing support3. Make "good" posts worth $0.99 cents (this is the same as 99 posts, right?4. Qualify for a websiteLooks like i'm too far from 99 posts and Its hard to tell what a good post really is...

well u don't need 99 posts to get 100 credits u need between 8-20 depends on how good they are. A good post is a long post, lots of characters, on the subject, and full of useful information. Xisto seems like a good host I really like the option which allows you to buy a domain with mycents, that is cool. On the other side things got expensive, post wise cause some time ago you would get hosting for 30 credits and i have a feeling that i got those faster + the hosting options have changed i think cause then you had unlimited everything, like mysql databases, ftp accounts, email accounts etc.

xtreemhost.com

seems nice for web hosting.
But i am still give to vote for Xisto.com.

But it is difficult to post good one.

I think admin of trap 17 good one.

:P

i would suggest that u listen to OpaQue, because he is the man of Xisto , moreover once you are confident that your site is gonna have a pretty good number of visitors then you neednt worry about $ , because there Google is there to save you, so go ahead happy hosting with Xisto , this is cool and have the Updated / latest cpanel and the admins and moderators are good friends in this forum , so Host with Xisto and you will never regret , I can be pretty sure about that.

Trap17 is good free host. Other than that Ripway is also one good option. Other alternative free hosting sites are listed in this webpage here

By the way, if any one is looking for cheap hosting like Xisto - Web Hosting then they can go for psychz.net which offers 2.95$/month hosting package which is exciting package than our CH i think.

No matter which host you pick make sure you've Fantastico/1-Click install option in your control panel for installing scripts.

yeah... Xisto is cool. I am one of the most satisfied customers. I have been with Xisto for more than 1 year (I started my hosting account 1 month after I signed as a member) now and it was my first web hosting experience. I am very satisfied, I never considered moving away from trap 17. Now i have 3 products with them. One domain and 2 hosting services.

Below are my sites... Both of them are hosted in Xisto with a basic plan since I did not require more space and bandwidth.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://www.computerkindness.org/

Have been through lots of learning after i started hosting websites. I am glad that I chose Xisto. People have gone through *BLEEP* before getting a good hosting provider. I was lucky in that case...

The customer support is again one of the best. Till now I have raised around 3-4 support tickets and all of them got the first response in 1 or 2 days and ggot resolved in 1-2 days from the day of the first response. I would any day recommend Xisto to others. I have been recommending it to many people for long.

Don't you see that I am still contributing in the forums. :(. I might not be regular in posting, but i never fail to visit the forum on a daily basis and make some occasional posts.

Going through your forum, I too was looking for a free hoisting site. But everybody out here had replied wisely to name none. In another discussion I had learned that there is a site called n4me which allows free domains. But on visit it come out that the site does not lend you a domain for free but for a payment of monthly rent or something like that. But, as you got this Xisto forum, continue to work here and they will provide you with a free domain. In the mean time you can look for other websites too so that you may get some better option. I am loving this site as I am gaining knowledge and also advancing to earn a free domain of mine.

I recommend 000webhost.com . It provides very good service without the ads. It has lightning fast speeds, maxmal reliability and great user support. So i think you should give it a try. It has a very simple control panel.