xisto Community
Lunaray

How Much Sugar In A Day Is Considered Normal? Normal level of Suger intake per day

I usually eat like tons of sweets in a day and drink a lot of soft drinks usually. I know i am just asking for diabetes =P

Already got it here, but I just saw my doctor yesterday and I've lost 8 pounds since my last visit. :P

I really don't have sweets, thought I do drink diet soft-drinks, but there was also something I saw on 60 minutes, or one of those shows about cola and how it increases the chances of getting diabetes, as it's a giant rush of sugar, and your pancreas (Insulin-making organ) wears out over time. :lol:

Anyway.. ermm.. Well, if you're sitting there eating a bag of sugar, you've obviously got problems. ;)

lol, well i would eat alot of sugars if i could afford it, car payment, apt payment, insurance only got enough money left for needs. Back to the thread i think that may be normal, guess it matters how old you are.

I like sweet stuff, but I try to avoid too much of it. So cola increases chances for diabetes... hmm, but I still love Pepsi. :(I don't know how much sugar is considered normal. If you are unsure, then try to lower your sugar intake. Yeah, that might be hard to do. :(

Most normal sugar intake is based on your age, weight/height and daily activities. If you are truely worried about the amount of sugar intake. Take the other factors into consideration. Also, may want to ask your family doctor.

You can usually eat as much sugar as you want as long as it's not refined. The problem is nobody wants to eat anything but refined sugars :) Just try to get rid of refined sugar from your diet for just one week (anything that has been made by man and not from the ground). And just replace it with natural sugars. If you actually do this right. .. having refined sugars will actually discust you after you try it again and you will drastically eat less. The sugar may even make you sick since you let your body get cleansed. and start to put more bad stuff in it.

In our nutrition sugar is about 35%. Almost everything what we eat there is a sugar. In fruts and vegetables, in bread and corns, in milk and milksproducts etc.. The sugar is necessary in our nutrition, and it isn't so mush in relation with diabetes than obesitas.

I'm not sure if everyone understands what a sugar is. Sugar's are carbohydrates; carbohydrates are sugars. There is no difference between the two....however "sugar" usually referes to the broken down monosaccharaide glucose. As already stated, this is the "refined sugar". Basically, it has been broken down (a process your body usually does for you) so it can go directly to your blood - terrible for your body (and very addicting). Also, remember that cellulose is also a sugar. So, you could go out and eat the trunk of a tree and be consuming mostly sugar, but it would most certainly not taste sweet (nor would your body be capable to break the cellulose into gluscose with boiling it before consuming - every wonder why celery gets soft when you cook it?)

Hey, if you can keep yourself running from dusk to dawn, you'll be in good shape ;) . Honestly, I don't pay any attention to what I take in, even though it would be a pretty good idea to start. Especially with the recent coming of Christmas...hehe...Chocolate and candy canes galore! I know that one day I will pay, but in the meantime, I think I'd just like to enjoy my junk food for what it is! WHERE'S MY KRISPY KREME?!

I don't have too much sugar in a day, after all, I'm still only twelve. I usually might have a chocolate bar, some cookies/biscuits in a day and thats about it. I might occasionally have some crisps(or potato chips like some people may refer to) or maybe some ice-cream but thats about all my sugar intake, not too much. And if some of you think that my sugar intake it too much, I might sometimes exercise if I can be bothered...but not much running, my feet usually die, damn flat feet :P

Well i eat sweets and stuff like that often but i don't eat it constantly. I know that, that would be bad for you. I will have a little bit of candy here and some there. I mostly eat chocolate though. I've heard that chocolate is actually semi-good for you. Like it is not as bad for you as all of the other kinds of candy and sweets. I will have a pop probably every other day or something like that. I won't eat a lot of candy when i do eat some though. But i will usually have a lot of pop if im at a restuarant or im hanging out with friends. But i wont have a lot of pop if i am at my house. I don't know why though. It is like i don't want to.

Sugar makes for great energy - if you use it. If you're doing strenuous aerobics, running, martial arts workouts, then sugar gives you a lot of energy to burn. It's not at all a bad thing if you burn it. I generally eat food with sugars in it on the days I'm working out a lot - it helps keep me going, provides the energy my body is using. Even for diabetics, exercise is a very good idea - a lot of running/strenuous exercises will reduce blood sugar like anything. This doesn't mean you can gorge on sweets or anything, but it's a healthy way to deal with the disease AND improve your physical condition.