xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
winflowers

Gmail Notifier V1.110 Beta Check your Gmail messages without openin

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10960?hl=en

The Gmail Notifier is a downloadable Windows application that alerts you when you have new Gmail messages. It displays an icon in your system tray to let you know if you have unread Gmail messages, and shows you their subjects, senders and snippets, all without your having to open a web browser.
System Requirements

To use the Gmail Notifier, you need Windows 2000, Windows XP, or a more recent version of Windows.

Thanks for that! This tool seems to be working great so far. I like it a lot, because it change my default mail-client from popping up when I click on a mailto link. Now it goes straight to my gmail composer... I really love gmail, it's the best mail around that I've noticed. Thanks again, J. (TS)

works great.. but one thing.. does anyone know if this would slow down my connection ( on 56k playing games ) i'm not sure if its just my ISP or what but lately my internet has been really slow..(before i got this thingo ) i'll post another topic anyways :P

I think it probably does slow down the internet if your using other things that access the internet.. Especially on a 56K modem. ....