xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jacob

Best Processor company?

Best Processor company?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you think is the best processor company? I think intel is, becuase their processors are faster and they have hyperthreading and are starting to produce 64 bit processors...

Intel will continue to Rule because Most of the Operating System [ especially windows ] considers it as a standard and they optimize Windows for INTEL. If u have ever seen the Processor box, on an intel chip it is clearly written, OPTIMIZED FOR WINDOWSXP whereas on AMD it is written " COMPATIBLE with .... "However, recent versions of AMD chips are also being Optmized for Windows.Intel Processors are known for STABILITY and they are more prefered at Corporate LevelsAMD processors are more known for GAMING. B)

yeah i agree wid you admin ..intel processors are the best as far as compatibility is concerned . AMD processors are also very good but in the early days they were known for heating up and used to hault the system , but now , the XP series of AMD is doing a great greta job , and their speed and performance definitely seems to be better than intel , but sometimes, their behaviour is auckward B)

I voted for Intel B) We have three desktop computers, and they are all Intel Pentium. And we have one laptop using Intel Centrino. I haven't really tried other processors, and we're not having any problems with Intel, so I think it's great :P

I had got a video of TOM'S HARDWARE TEST.They tested out both intel and amd processors by playin the game QUAKE III ARENA and they removed the heatsink [ the thing that keeps processor cool ].RESULTS :Intel Processor : The FPS [ frames per second ] of the Game started dropping suddenly and finally the whole screen got blank and the PC got hanged and switched off.AMD Processor : The FPS remained constant inspite of the removal of the heat sink and the game continued to give the same performance. But after 15 secs the processor was in flames and it scewed up itself as well as the motherboard.CONCLUSION : I think, one who has read the above thing has enough brains to think which is the best!

B) ...lolz..this is only a single test , have you got any videos of tryin out various programs installations on intel and AMD??..and seeing whose capable of running the program smoothly in long run .?? :P

Intel is nice but its known as 'branded stuff' and its expensive compared to AMD. However, AMD is matching Intel's performance and it is slightly cheaper than Intel chips. That why its preferred for gaming.

By the way, how do you guys acctually overclock? I know its from the BIOs but I don't really know exactly what to do. Can someone just explain it in simple English to me?And yes, simple English, not computer jargon.-Shackman

Intel is nice but its known as 'branded stuff' and its expensive compared to AMD. However, AMD is matching Intel's performance and it is slightly cheaper than Intel chips. That why its preferred for gaming.

yes same here i agree

Amd not only because of its very nice performance but mostly because it's cheaper....I heard that overclocking is much easier too but haven't checked it out...