xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
err

Browsing Internet Via Mobile Phone How fast u ever get?

Did anybody try using mobile phone for internet browsing. How fast is it. As far as i know, there is an GPRS & EDGE for GSM, and i dunno the exact name for CDMA. I just ever try GPRS with max 115kbps, but i think only 33kbps in max actually.For GPRS-EDGE & CDMA sometime said can get >1MBPS, even nearly 3MBPS, is that true?

If you try to go to a website with any images that are not optimized for phones, ti won't work. It's only for their websites, and to download you must pay 3-4$ each time plus kilobyte charges. Not worth it in my opinion.

I love doing this its quick simple and easy, the only thing that it opens quick but is slow from then on, and then you also have to pay. You know, I wish there was one company, just one who done it for less and it was simple and easy to do it, but no, we have to pay! I dont wana be seen luggin my laptop around everywhere! lol! and another thing, people are so weird these days, in a parking lot garage there is a sign saying "Internet Access Here" WHY lol! Well thats basically it.

I use Browsers like Opera Mini, Teashark & embedded Browser from Sony for internet surfing. I tested the speed of my carrier and i found out it is 66 kbps MAX. Sometimes i get even lower than that but that depends on scalability of my carrier(AIRTEL).GPRS in some carriers are very costly in our country charging 0.30/50KB. I use GPRS for daily rental basis costing me 15 bucks per day. So i use it very heavily to get bang for my bucks :) BTW i tried to surf Xisto on Opera Mini yesterday, and i got so many errors :) , it wasn't letting me surf the site properly. Anyone else facing similar problems.

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

i know i shouldn't really use my first post on this site to sound like i'm moaning but why not start a new topic rather than using one that no-ones commented on for 4 years?i have the nokia n95 i use the wifi function on it for internet access and its fast as you like. to be honest tho i just use it how it came, not really into phone operating systems and applications in all honesty

Did anybody try using mobile phone for internet browsing. How fast is it. As far as i know, there is an GPRS & EDGE for GSM, and i dunno the exact name for CDMA. I just ever try GPRS with max 115kbps, but i think only 33kbps in max actually.For GPRS-EDGE & CDMA sometime said can get >1MBPS, even nearly 3MBPS, is that true?

You are very lucky!In other place or country out of America,the

rate of GPRS is much lower than you got.Sometimes,when you use

GPRS view stock infomation,the speed can make you killing youself!

I am surprised seeing your post.
Here in Nepal only 40kbps speed GPRS/GSM mobile Network. SO I can not do anythings. It costs per Kb how much download.

I use opera mini browse to browse internet through mobile. It is better application for mobile platform.

I really think its tourchering to use browsing in mobile. Its very slow. And the addition is that its expensive too. So personally I don't prefer to browse on mobile Once I tried it and it was so heavy on my pocket that I stoped it imediately. So friend thats it about it which I know. So my suggetion is don't go for it. 

My iPhone loads sites rather fast. I used a speed test app from the App Store and it said it was ~500kb/s on my Edge connection. While that isn't my actual download speed (closer to 30kb/s), it is still pretty fast. On WiFi, I obviously load things faster. I haven't used many other phones for web browsing, so I can't compare. But I haven't noticed many problems. Additionally, I have an unlimited data plan, which is pretty much necessary for browsing.

Some of the websites that I have been to (on my mobile), they are not functioning well. It is not mobile ready I guess. Think those web owners should start looking carefully and seriously at it. More and more people are using mobile phone to browser the web and the site owners will lose valuable eye balls if they do not catch up with the technology.

Yes I have had a great experience of browsing in mobile phones.
I used Nokia 6300, but i found that its very slow.
Few sites doesnt even open.
May be its the problem with the service provider.
However in apples 3G, I feel, its worth to browse. I like it a lot.
I dont know how you measure its browsing speed.

Browsing Internet Via Mobile Phone - How fast u ever get?

Browsing Internet Via Mobile Phone

I have triedIdea/BSNL/Tatadocomo GPRS/EDGE through mobile.

as per my experiance the speed of  internet is fast-IDEA becouse its uses EDGE technology/Second fast is BSNL its also uses EDGE technology (but it depends on time its switchover GPRS/EDGE so that their is no garanty of speed means +your luck then last TATA DOCOMO -this network only GPRS class 12 means up to 48kbps but it is quite good becouse number of user is very less and network is so nice(at some place).

by price very cheap is Tata Docomo- whenever you use you can activate by Rs. 5 /10MB by just single SMS and it works up to midnight 12.

Second cheaper is BSNL rate is 1Paise/2KB

Third is IDEA that gives 1 paise/KB

Enjoy internet on PC through good mobile Best modem up to 460kbps is Nokia 6303/2700...Samsung corby 3653(115KBPS)+ and LG KP175 ( 460kbps).

if want more setail please request here.

Thank you

-reply by Mag=hendra

Hi,Mobile Internet found to be loading more speedy while using Opera-Mini latest version, than the default browser in the phone. Mine is a dial-up GPRS internet in mibile