xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Sweet and strange...

Hello pipol.As I lost everything (once again :P), I had to request free hosting again. I got it yesterday. Everything looks sweet! My surprise was waiting for me on the mySQL management page on cPanel. There were still my old databases users! The databases weren't there, only the users. Strange thing...Entering the phpMyAdmin, I found one database called 'test'. I don't think its an default included test database. Once I had a database with that name, I can't tell if it was there before the server change, but I guess not. Anyway that database isn't mine, I ran some querys and found some unfamiliar data. Its a php-nuke portal database with 13 users. I can see its admin homepage and it is freenukehosting hosted (well, used to be. :D). I'll try to contact the user if he desires to get the db back...Any comments to this situation?

Hello pipol.
As I lost everything (once again :P), I had to request free hosting again. I got it yesterday. Everything looks sweet! My surprise was waiting for me on the mySQL management page on cPanel. There were still my old databases users! The databases weren't there, only the users. Strange thing...
Entering the phpMyAdmin, I found one database called 'test'. I don't think its an default included test database. Once I had a database with that name, I can't tell if it was there before the server change, but I guess not. Anyway that database isn't mine, I ran some querys and found some unfamiliar data. Its a php-nuke portal database with 13 users. I can see its admin homepage and it is freenukehosting hosted (well, used to be. :D). I'll try to contact the user if he desires to get the db back...

Any comments to this situation?

Interesting.. but I think database test could be there as default db... It was there in mine too... the rest please wait for more members to respond you..

the database test was there on the previous 2 setups here i've had.Its a testing database for mysql.All your database names are in the form username_databasename i think.

I'm not sure now if those db users there were my old ones, or someones else... I already deleted them because I had no use for them. About the test db, it is from the php-nuke site from an user called csfreak. I don't know is current status about his host, I already tryed to contact him via pm, maybe he'll respond and recover his db. :P

When I create a db, it gets a prefix with my cpanel username, this one have no prefix.

Funny thing is that this db doesn't count towards my databases count. And it only shows on phpMyAdmin. Maybe isn't even located on my host space...

I hope noone but me have access to my own databases... :shock:

EDITED:

the database test was there on the previous 2 setups here i've had.

Its a testing database for mysql.

All your database names are in the form username_databasename i think.

Well, perhaps you're right, but in this case, the test db was made from an user db. I have access to all it's users details, including mails and stuff. But hey, I just retrieved his username so I could send him an pm. :wink:

Test is always there

What I found is that I had unlimited SPace and BW

Dude... what part you didn't understand? I *have* access to private information, from another FNH user. I can access forum posts, his own forum users, and their details, such as emails, etc... I can access all his data that a php-nuke page stores on the db. I can even set an php-nuke site and apply that database! The 'test' db is always there, but not with other users info. At least, I hope no FNH member have an 'test' database with my databases data.

BY the way, my 'test' database content was deleted, some admin toke care of. :wink: I still have the backup, in case the owner comes by and needs it.