xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

If I'm not be active...

Will my free host be closed if i m not be active on this forum? I ask this questions because of the FAQ: "your host will be kept as long as you active in our forum". Does it mean if I m not online for a week, my host will be closed? :?:

exactly how active you need to be is vague.The answer to this is:So long as you come and visit the forum every now and again, and post on it then you'll keep your account.I think a couple of times a week is enough....but im no moderator

What if something happins, like your internetr is shut off, and don't have access to a computer (like what might happin to me soon) can you be excussed untill you can get back??? Or say a 3 week vacation, would you then be excused???

I suppose they won't close your account if you have more than 100 posts, but don't go for a month on vacation with 12 posts. Then your account could be deleted.

I can imagine that they don't want people spamming just to get a free web host.

you don't have to spam, just replie to ther peoples topics, and when you gain a a certin repect as some people would call it, you will fit right it, and there would be no need for any kind of spam, or posting for post numbers, just post a couple times a week, or when ever you come across a topic you like, and sometimes think of a unique topic, and start it! not hard, very simple i think, but i still would like to know what happins if your an active member, and something happins and you have no access to a computer or internet, will ur account still be deactivated?

well, since i've been here i've had to re request 2ce - and i guess thats in 2 months, - but then the site is still quite new, so its changing a bit - and im not complaining cos the services here are second to none.But, my point is that that didnt really distinguish between active users and non active users, other than that people had to come back to make sure they kept their account.I guess that so long as you keep your account backed up, even if something does happen and you lose your account - you can always re-apply.

Will my free host be closed if i m not be active on this forum? I ask this questions because of the FAQ: "your host will be kept as long as you active in our forum". Does it mean if I m not online for a week, my host will be closed? :?:

You must visit this forum atleast once a week and make some post at that time... I saw Admin/Mods telling members to visit the site that way.... but many of us visit this forum as much as we visit our sites....

oh that's why my first account was delete... my internet wasn't working and i was private 1 week without it... oh ...!

I doubt that is the reason. I don't think anyone have been deleted for inactivity yet. If it was in november the reason would have been the same as for all of us. All accounts were deleted because someone had illegal files on his website. It happened nov. 28th and we didn't get new accounts till after dec 7th.

I like the vagueness (is that a word) of the participation requirements. It seems to stimulate better participation than a more specific militaristic reward/punishment regime. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

To sum up, there're so many ways to answer, let's see the answer from an admin, ok?

Hoho I think you'll grow roots then!
Admin stated somewhere that once a week would be sufficient to be counted as active.
If you are going away for a period and can't get online, just put a note in your sig, stating
the date you leave and the day you expect to return.
Thats what everyone else is doing!