xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

FIFA99 from EA SPORTS

Hey guys,I can't run my old fifa99 on windows xp. I used to run it on 98 and me no problem but recently i can't get this cd work with xp. it installs and you can see the first pages of the game.. even select your teams but it freezes right before loading the actual game... any idea? I thought you might experienced the same thing...

most older games wont run on xp but just in case right click the shortcut and go to properties then compatibility and change it to run Win 98 compatibility mode

I am having the same problem here... it doesn't load on windows xp! sometimes it loads but it freezes. It was working fine when I had 98.

when i change the compatibility option to other version of windows like 98 or 95 i can't even load the game.. it shows a black screen and that's it!there should be some kind of trick or patch... I was hopping i could find it here...thanks for the replies,

I installed the patch that you recommended but nothing has changed... it shows the first picture of the game which says loading and then it freezes. I have to do end-task to get out of the game. I have tried this game in a PII, PIV and a Celeron with windows XP and they all have the same problem with this game. My friend has a PIII with XP and it works with his computer no problem! He only changed the compatibility option to windows 98/me and everything works fine for him.When I try the compatibility option in my PC, I can load the game and it does work but it would be extremly slow that takes long time to move the pointer from corner to corner of the page.I tried changing the refresh rate and resulotion of my computer/.. non-of them makes the game run smoother.

Fifa 99 on XpFIFA99 from EA SPORTS

Recently I had Windows xp ultimate (by Johnny) and I then downloaded Fifa 99 and it worked. I could play the game and do alot of things except it had a problem saving the game/changes. I then changed to another version of xp and now the game freezes as it is about to load. Wat does that suggest?? Any help??