xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
err

Sco Unix Backup Restore from SCSI to IDE HDD

Did everybody know how to change SCSI harddisk into IDE one if using SCO-UNIX?which part should i reconfig at the system, because the name of device is not same: sdSOMETHING become hdSOMETHING.help me please..

yes actually i hate it too..but i have a little smile now :)coz.. i can run it with other PC with still use scsi disk. not ide.there was always unabe to boot even i untar from tape backup from original system. and even it run with original PC. the sector always change in other PC. now, i force it with "dparam". bingo!

yes actually i hate it too..

but i have a little smile now  :(

coz.. i can run it with other PC with still use scsi disk. not ide.

there was always unabe to boot even i untar from tape backup from original system. and even it run with original PC. the sector always change in other PC. now, i force it with "dparam". bingo!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it is a Unix, right? So why don't you just

dmesg

and see what comes. Or even dmesg | grep hd

Also try the equivalent of fdisk -l (minus el)

That sould help you to figure out the name of the new device. Partition it, format it, mount it and that's it.