xisto Community
iGuest

Why Does The World Hate America? Is america hated?

World hates America ?

Everyone just assumes that every American agrees with it's government.

Everyone assumes all Americans support Bush.

Everyone thinks we're evil, and we are dumb.

Why?

Give me a great example. Be prepared to back that up that example. Has your country done anything similar, slightly less worse, or way worse? Has any other country?

If you wanna hate Bush, then hate Bush (or any other president), but don't hate the rest of the America. We're innocent, I swear. :-)

Hi!I don?t hate America...but i hate that America is something like World Police :D Take the Iraq for a example...The America goes to war on Iraq without the UN?s support & that is in my oppinion wrong....What do you think emilin :?:Sweden does not have war in over 200 years!In the WWW 2 we did something that i believe that sweden could done better...Hitler walked in sweden to Norway & invaded Norway.... :( but the past is the past...

america has big resources, lotsa people, and is situated perfectly amongst the other similar world nations so has alot of interest in alot of things.....thus, they try to ''influence'' as bes tthey can...which is fair enough...most would.the thing is, that some dont want to be influenced...without getting too political, you dont see the US trying to impose things on China, but you do see them imposing things on other less powerful places....as i said, this wasnt to be too political, just trying to shed some light on why americans get some sh**.oh, and plus the fact that if you ask the majority of americans where, say, for instance, a european major city- like berlin, or the aussie capital, canberra, or, say, pretoria- teh standard answer is something like ''that's on the east coast, right?''...the feeling is that americans know nothing about what is outside of america..which is not a far off call- ive been to the us every year for the last 4 years now and see it everytime.Cheers...oh, 1st post BTW...so what do i know?

Saying you hate the entire country and all the people in it is just plain stupid. As for me, I've been to the US on several occassions and have had the chance to experience the lifestyle, so I can make a comparison.Americans are more focused on America than European countries are focused on just their country. To be really influencial in other countries you need to truly know the other countries. I've spoken to Americans that think Holland is the capital of Amsterdam(it's not) and that we are all stoned everyday all day(we're not). After saying that they say that's all there is to know about Holland.The same goes with the Islam, it's a bad word all of a sudden, because some lunatic like Osama desides to use it as an excuse to kill people in the Western world. If you take the time to study the Islam for half a day it would change your perspective.America is about image, what you see is what you get. Take the time to find out more and understand other people in other countries and Americans would all be my best friend!

I DO NOT HATE Americans, at some stage I may not like the decision taken by her gov't. this is the same with any other countries... so enjoy life....

I do not think any person in let's say democratic countries hates America. Only a few people in specific countries do that. (I mean terrorists and others)When people say they hate America, they mean they hate the government/foreign policy/Bush/the way of life of some Americans and things like that. There are a lot of bad governments in the world. But they do not have the power that America has, and that's why Americans get so many remarks. Like Tinus said, it's all about the image, and America is very important. Every decision that Bush makes has a big influence on the whole world, not only on America. Not all Americans agree with these decisions, but more than 50% does, as they voted for Bush.Here is a list of what I do not like about American politics and other stuff. I do not say that everything is better in my own country or in other countries1) America attacks other nations without approval from the UN, just for geostrategic purposes, like oil. With intelligence services worth several billions of dollars, it is not possible Bush didn't know that there were no weapons of mass destruction.2) Bush cancelled big treaties like Kyoto.3) Bush is doing nothing in the Israel-Palestina conflict.4) The decrease of human and civil rights in America. People can get arrested and tortured without a reason for several years. (Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib prison)some other things I disagree with5) The capital punishment. America is the only civilized country that uses them. One of the reasons I'm against it is that 4% is innocent. Black people get condamned much faster than white for the same crimes.6) Not giving money to countries that do not forbid abortian.7) Discriminating gay people.8 ) Church and state are not fully separated.9) Learning creationism at school during science. It is a religious theory and not a scientific.10) Almost no social safety net or however you might call it. A lot of people do not have the money to pay for large hospital bills. There is a huge difference between the rich and the poor people in comparison with Canada and EU.11) Almost every person can buy a gun in America. In America there are 10 times more murders on average(for every million people) than in Europe. This must have a reason.12) Putting billions of dollars in a Star Wars rocket program that is useless.13) and much other small thingsBTW, this is a list of recent things I do not agree with. There are a lot of things I like about America.

eg:War :|

A lot of Americans feel the same way. I personally didn't think Bush/kerry should have made office, because both of them sucked. I didn't have a lot of facts, but just by the way they act I didn't really like either of em.

My personal opinion is I hate Dubya (Bush). I also get the opinion (from the media) that Americans seem self-centered, and can't take a joke. I hate to say it, but I think Bush ruined your public look. I don't hate Americans, I just dislike those who either make irrational assumptions about other countries, or make fun of another country and complain when they're made fun of. Now, I say this as a Canadian, and I consider myself a person who's a fairly "live-and-let-live" guy. Bush gives me the impression that he wants to play God, and he doesn't care about any other nations.

I like the world police. I like the fact that that US is helping Iraq out...It all comes down to this..If you see your neighbor being terrorized everyday by a mean bully, and YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO SOMETHING TO HELP HIM...would you do something?That's the reason why I feel Bush is leading the US to Iraq...And I like it...AND I MOST CERTAINLY NOT HATE AMERICA, thank you very much. :?

I like the world police. I like the fact that that US is helping Iraq out...It all comes down to this..
If you see your neighbor being terrorized everyday by a mean bully, and YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO SOMETHING TO HELP HIM...would you do something?

That's the reason why I feel Bush is leading the US to Iraq...And I like it...

AND I MOST CERTAINLY NOT HATE AMERICA, thank you very much. :?

I agree with you....

Thanks coverdownwebmaster...Actually, at first, I didn't understand why Bush did it...My dad told me that and suddenly, it all came to place.... 8)