xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PHP website

Hi,i just wonderd how do i create a simpple PHP web site using header, footer etc.and how can i change only the include command in the page when someone presses a button?thanks, and sorry for the bed english... :S

The basics:

The two most important functions needed to create a site in PHP are include() and echo(). Echo will print its argument to the document, including html code, and include will include another document. For example,

echo("<b>This is a message</b>");
will print "This is a message" (without the quotes) in bold.

And
include("header.php");
will include the header.php file in the current document.

how can i change only the include command in the page when someone presses a button

That's going to require the Javascript XML page request object, which is VERY advanced and takes a while to learn. I can't explain it in a post.

The basics:
The two most important functions needed to create a site in PHP are include() and echo().  Echo will print its argument to the document, including html code, and include will include another document.  For example,

echo("<b>This is a message</b>");
will print "This is a message" (without the quotes) in bold.  

And
include("header.php");
will include the header.php file in the current document.

how can i change only the include command in the page when someone presses a button

That's going to require the Javascript XML page request object, which is VERY advanced and takes a while to learn. I can't explain it in a post.
Not to be mean, FX, but your on crack >< damn he wants to use the header and footer files. here. go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it only has one subject right now. its a tutorial subject and it only has one post in it, lol. so I only have one post in there but anyways. it shows you how to do header and footer. and make it so you can make more then one theme. its a great tool. I got my information from the books I was reading to learn it. I'm still a newb at it but damn, echo's Fx? its either me just being a newb and not getting it or its you not getting it (probally the first thing I said) but he wanted this. so it is a better layout for him if he really does want header and footer things.**

**Sorry if that was rude. I'm not in a very great mood right now -.-''

What the hell are you talking about? He was looking for the basics. I gave him the basics. And why teh hell would he want a script that checks for a cookie, if he's not planning on using cookies? He did not say he wanted a skinning system, as that piece of code claims it it. He said he wanted a simple introduction to creating a website using a header, footer, and then content. He did not say he wanted to be able to change the skin via user prefs, and I seriously doubt he would even remotely want to.

And you have to use echos if you want your script to do anything. Otherwise, it would be one hell of a useless script. Yes, even you, in your very conceited state, would need to use echos to get anything done.

And please explain to me how you would deduce that I'm on crack from a post that gave all the information which was requested. He asked for a simple tutorial, I gave him a simple tutorial. How the hell would that alert you that I'm on crack? I most certainly am not, and if I were not trying to restrain myself, I might say that you were on crack.

Next, you should not be coming into a new forum, with less than ten posts, and flaming someone who has over 300 posts. You just don't do that. It doesn't matter how right you think you are, you still don't need to flame anyone, regardless of their status in the forum, especially not someone who has established themselves. If you would kindly read the text in my sig, and pay specific attention to my second and third dislikes...

Last, I really hope that wasn't you who posted that "tutorial". The author doesn't even know how to put code into

tags.  Also, it is not a tutorial, since tutorials are supposed to explain what the code does.  All it is is a chunk of code, with instructions on how to implement it.  If it was you, do try to be mroe helpful in the future.  

You have now permanently set me against you. I'll try not to let this get wrapped up too much into my moderatoring job, but I'm going to make no promises. Next time you see yourself starting to flame anyone, and especially a mod or admin, think really hard and decide if you really want to do that. We've banned at least one person from the forums for insulting a mod, and I assure you I atleast would have no qualms in doing it again.

Communist?  Where'd that come from?

Euh rofl sorry my bad.

Eh i have a question, i re - singned up for hosting but the topic got closed.
I singed up before buy my user name was to long.
Is there any chance i migh get the hosting? due the many requests.