xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deedee2003

Popup Blocker what is the best program?

i use PopUpCop. it gets installed as a toolbar in my browser, and i caneasily manage what to turn on/off from there. blocking options notlimited to popups only -- it can manage scripts, images, imageanimations, flash, java, activex, cookies, etc as well. :P

I find google toolbar is the best.. although it doesn't block pop-ups wen you have more than 1 user log onto windows xp.. it works when there is only 1 user logged on.. it blocks every pop-up and provides useful tools ex. google search engine, the news and an autofiller... w/e that is :P

I am using Maxthon (MyIE2) browser, which is based on the Internet Explorer engine. It gives many additional efficient features including AD Hunter.

Popup ads, Flash ads, Floating ads, Image ads... Get enough with all these annoying ads? Here is the solution: AD Hunter. AD Hunter consists of several neat functions to block all kind of ads. You can use the "Auto Filter" to block popup ads or setup a "Filter List" for more accurate and customized blocking.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I use mozilla ff, and popups dont bother me, but if you want to stick to your own browser, eithre use aprofessional blocker integratecd firewall, from norton, or the google toolbar.

I use mozilla fire fox witch most of the time or always blocks pop-ups but if you don't want to give I.E. then yahoo gives out a free toolbar that blocks them it can be downloaded off they're site it blocks pop-ups pretty good

Firefox is the way to go. I haven't been bothered with a pop-up for a few months now. But then when I use the computers at uni, I get really annoyed because they have IE, and I'm no longer used to having pop-ups flying in my face. I can also easily allow a website I trust to show pop-ups for private message notifications on forums for example.I'm pretty sure that in my IE using days, the version of MSN Plus that I hahd installed an automatic pop-up blocker in IE. It was handy, but Firefox is handier.

Another vote for using FireFox to block popup ads. It works very well, and so far I haven't had an ad get though that I didn't allow.But, for those of you not using FireFox (and shame on you), Google's toolbar worked pretty well for me in the IE days. It occasionally let a few popups get though, but on the whole kept most of them down. I didn't have a proplem with having multiple users logged in and it not working. Plus, the serch functionality and the 'find within current page' worked well and was helpful on several occasions.

Yeah I just use firefox... and for my normal IE i use the google toolbar does wonders .. however popups aregetting smarter and smarter.. they mannage to get by the google toolbar..