xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Triple X

I Ask For Help...again. admin or wassie could probably answer...

or anyone else who has used IPB before, I wanted to change the header and/or banner on my invsion board right?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/?

But when I went into the Skin/Templates settings and looked for the place to do it the only place i saw that might be it was in the HTML Templates area, in "Edit Templates" or w/e it had "quick links" one was "Edit Board Header" so I thought that was it right> but it says I didn't choose any ids, and that I have to. But there is no "ids" there so wtf, can someone tell me how to change it?

On a side note: I smell a skunk....and it just so happens one of my windows is open >_< *bangs head on desk*

Just edit the images.. if you want to change color, you're not going to get it out of me - I don't know.
(Images example: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)

There isn't any place(that I can see) to DO THAT, this is it,

Manage Skin Sets[/br] |-- Board Wrappers[br] |-- HTML Templates[/br] |-- Style Sheets[br] '-- Macros[/br] Import Skin files

and none of them have it :P

Note:Yeah I used the code tag, sue me.

*sues*:lol:Anyway, there is if you're using an ftp manager/client. :P Be sure to check your width and height that they're the same before editing. You can really mess it up if you don't.

*sues*
:lol:

Anyway, there is if you're using an ftp manager/client. :P Be sure to check your width and height that they're the same before editing. You can really mess it up if you don't.

And here I thought all I needed it for was to chmod(everytime I try to chmod and/or change permissions in file manager it doesn't work..) files....sigh *opens SmartFTP*

theres 2 ways of doing it.. edit somthing i cant remember so the logo points to any image of your choice.. or go to your images in IPB directory ( i dont know what its called cause i use phpbb ) and replace the logo with your image.. *note* must be the same name as the default logo :Pif this doesnt make sence.. i dont know.. sorry.. i'm a bit tired..

*sues*

:P

Anyway, there is if you're using an ftp manager/client. :lol: Be sure to check your width and height that they're the same before editing. You can really mess it up if you don't.

And here I thought all I needed it for was to chmod(everytime I try to chmod and/or change permissions in file manager it doesn't work..) files....sigh *opens SmartFTP*
Unfortunately I haven't used CPanel much, just logged in for the first time today. Although, on previous hosts I didn't have a CPanel, *sounds like an old man* so you kids have it alot easier with your bells and whistles. ;) (Yes, I know, I know.. Just saying all I had was an FTP client and notepad, not even paint.)

Anyhow, I've done that with my boards (before) and it can be very frustrating at times, so don't feel alone, there's alot of people including the administrators and fellow coders.

Hmm.. any chance you have MSN (or aim..) so I can help you in real-time? :P

theres 2 ways of doing it.. edit somthing i cant remember so the logo points to any image of your choice.. or go to your images in IPB directory ( i dont know what its called cause i use phpbb ) and replace the logo with your image.. *note* must be the same name as the default logo

Oh, I know what that first way is.. (maybe in detail) Assuming IPB is like phpBB, you should look in your top header file and find something like '$root + /board/style_images/1/logo4.gif'. If you're using Find, search for '/1/logo4.gif', which should bring it up.

(Edited to do me wanting to respond to zip_mc.)

*sues*

:P

Anyway, there is if you're using an ftp manager/client. :lol: Be sure to check your width and height that they're the same before editing. You can really mess it up if you don't.

Unfortunately I haven't used CPanel much, just logged in for the first time today. Although, on previous hosts I didn't have a CPanel, *sounds like an old man* so you kids have it alot easier with your bells and whistles. ;) (Yes, I know, I know.. Just saying all I had was an FTP client and notepad, not even paint.)

Anyhow, I've done that with my boards (before) and it can be very frustrating at times, so don't feel alone, there's alot of people including the administrators and fellow coders.

Hmm.. any chance you have MSN (or aim..) so I can help you in real-time? :P

I have MSN....thekingpin__88@hotmail.com

Ok I got that, thanks for the help. Now er I am sorry if I am annoying you but >_> question.

I wanted to add a few emoticons right? went into the Admin cpanel, went into "Manage Emoticons" and browsed for the pic, clicked "Upload Emoticon" and it said

Admin CP MessageThe upload failed

wtf o_o they are all no bigger than the others....so size can't be it.