xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What horrror movies do u like?

Hi Everyone! I want to know what horror movies do u like?

If u like so many horror movies, then give me 5 of them :mrgreen:

These are my 5 favourite horror movies :

- Resident Evil

- Alien

- Predator

- Scream

- Ju on

Remember... Just 5 movies that u like most :D

hmm havent seen many horror movies so...all of them? lol i'll pick 5resident evildarkness fallstexas chainsaw massacrethirteen ghostsfreddy vs jason

I'll start by saying that as scary as you might think Resident Evil is I wouldn't class it as a horror film. (I know that the game is survival horror, don't point that out to me :D.) Either is Predator. I'd class it as more of a Sci-Fi/Action flick. But anyhow. Doesn't really matter. If it scares you; it's all good.

In no specific order

Alien - dark, brooding and rather visceral. So enjoyably scary due to the great soundtrack provided.

The Shining - pretty much the best horror film I've personally ever seen. Again a very haunting soundtrack adds to the clean and glaring manevolence of Kubrick's masterpiece.

Scream - Quick, and very witty. The first time I watched it I have to admit that I hadn't a clue who the killer was. A very interesting semi-satirical film on the horror genre itself.

Dog Soldiers - One of the best films I've seen in my lifetime and one to revive the horror genre again for the better. It's the Scream of the 2000's. Quick, with some of the best lines I've heard in ages. The charm and overall wit of this film is emmense. Some very good werewolves bring in very good scare value.

Evil Dead - For those that have seen it; and liked it...enough said. Otherwise a very sharp and strong film. Basically Sam Raimi knew enough about film-making that he realised; not always showing us what we don't want to see anyway is sometimes the most chilling of all. Much like in the way Ridley Scott didn't really show us a lot of the alien.

That's about right I think.

Dog Soldiers? Stand back while I puke my guts up, that was an awful film! I couldn't even keep my eyes on the screen. Its like they all decided to sit down and film some piece of crap. Oh wait thats what they did.

Anyways Evil Dead I have absolutely no idea what to say about this movie. I bought all three and watched them in one go. It was... an experience and a half. As for the scene you mentioned, I would remove that from your post because I dont want to ruin the surprose for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I wouldn't expect everyone to like Dog Soldiers. :DAs for my post...I will edit it post haste so as not to spoil the shocks for those who haven't had the luck to watch it yet. So what did you think of the trilogy?

Yeah. And the fact they summed up the previous movie at the start of each. But they were completely out of sync with eachother!

Yeah. And the fact they summed up the previous movie at the start of each. But they were completely out of sync with eachother!

Well I'll give you that.

As for Krystal; They!. I don't even know whether or not to actually comment on a film of such absolute togglewash.