iGuest

Unofficial FNH FAQ

Work in progress, but i thought you might like at least having a part of it :D

Unofficial FreeNukeHosting FAQ

1.0 Introduction

1.1 Thanks 2

1.2 Important links

2 - music

2.1 Can I add my own made mp3s to my website?

2.2 Can I add background music of my favourite band to my site?

3 my site isnt working!

3.1 I only get a Index of page

3.2 When I visit my site, I get a 404 page!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my yet unofficial FNH FAQ

Im putting a lot of effort in this, and I will try to keep updating it! If you want anything to be added to the content of this FAQ, or want to place it on your (hosting) site, mail to FA.Whizz@gmail.com, please do not add me to your msn, thanx.

Thanks to:

- me :D

- admin for running FNH

- all FNH members who sometimes have (stupid) questions, j/k.

Ftp access to your site:

xisto.com

yourdomain.ext if you use a top level domain

yoursubdomain.xisto.com if you use a subdomain

Cpanel acces:

yourdomain.ext/cpanel - if you use a top level domain

yourdomain.xisto.com/cpanel - if you use a subdomain.

Webmail acces

yourdomain.com/mail - top level domain

yourdomain.xisto.com/mail - subdomain

2 - Music

Yes, you may put your own made mp3s on your site. Please note to include something like a legal.txt file, in wich we can find some contact info (email/msn/aim etc..). If we do not find this file, or if we notice the music isnt yours, your account will get deleted and youll get banned.

Yes, you can add background music, but only if you have the rights to the music. Please note to include something like a legal.txt file, in wich we can find some contact info (email/msn/aim etc..). If we do not find this file, or if we notice you dont have permission for this music, your account will get deleted and youll get banned.

3 My site isnt working :S

If your site doesnt show, and you get a page with the title: Index of . (replace the dots with your (sub)domain name), please note, that in order to function, all of your sites files must be uploaded to a public_html or www folder.

If you get a 404 when visiting your subdomain, you might try http://forums.xisto.com/. If this doesnt work, your account might be deleted. If you dont know why, please visit http://forums.xisto.com/

If you get a 404 page and you are using a top-level domain, please first check your DNS!

if the problem isnt your DNS entries, please visit the support centre, because your account might be deleted.

thanks Whizz, having been guilty of *some* of this, I feel greatful from the past and happy for the n00bs you're helping 8)HA HA HA

Kewl... thanks Whizz!I already knew most of this, but some was a real help, and i know it's going to help a lot of other people... :D