xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Trojan

I just got hit by a spawning trojan. Anyone tried that?Interesting, normally you just get rid of it and everything is fine. This one was a bit annoying really. For every one I got rid of it spawned about fifty new. In the end it was easyer just to reload my c: drive.

Yeah yeah yeah. You don't seem to realise that you are never completely safe. I too, use all sorts of implements to minimise the risk but every nowand then something slips thru. Accepting that and prepare for it, is the reason I was up and running again in less than 15 min.

I simply don't understand your trust in McAfee. It's one of the poorervirusscanners. I used it for about 6 months, a couple of years agoand that was the period where I had the most infections, ever. The best virusscanner I have come across is Kaspersky, but it is hard on system resources.

Yeah yeah yeah. You don't seem to realise that you are never completely  safe. I too, use all sorts of implements to minimise the risk but every now
and then something slips thru. Accepting that and prepare for it, is the  
reason I was up and running again in less than 15 min.

i know what you mean. but to give an idea of the power and efficicency of wormguard, as long as nothing tries to infect my system, i cant even notice it running, yet to test it i have written some harmless worms and virii that have never been released and arent recognized by any AV signature file, yet it stilll intercepts them and blocks them from running

sandman have you ever tried TDS-3 ? In my opinion and many others from experts to novice it's the best trojan scanner on the market.

That WormGuard sounds good. I was bombarded by quite a few trojan's when i have norton but it just couldnt stop them, and they took overThanks a lot norton :cry: I'm using AVG antivirus now, i dont really know which is the best though

I just got hit by a spawning trojan. Anyone tried that?Interesting, normally you just get rid of it and everything  
is fine. This one was a bit annoying really. For every one  
I got rid of it spawned about fifty new. In the end it was  
easyer just to reload my c: drive.

heh that sucks, thats why i don't use windows any more!
Get linux!, mandrake is a VERY easy to use one! look in to it :wink:

Yeah yeah yeah. You don't seem to realise that you are never completely  safe. I too, use all sorts of implements to minimise the risk but every now

i know what you mean. but to give an idea of the power and efficicency of wormguard, as long as nothing tries to infect my system, i cant even notice it running, yet to test it i have written some harmless worms and virii that have never been released and arent recognized by any AV signature file, yet it stilll intercepts them and blocks them from running

I have never tried wormguard, but I believe you. However, I believe that all virus-scanners
can be categorised in 3 groups, - good, mediocre and poor, and there's probably not a lot
of difference within the same group. Examples from personal experience: Good; KAV, Antivir.
Mediocre; InocculateIT, Pccillin. Poor; Norton, McAfee. I have been using Antivir for some
time, but recently they changed the internal reference method to tcp/ip, Which shows up
on my firewall as networktraffic when there shouldn't be any. So over the past few months
I have installed AVG on most of my computers. This one is the only one I haven't switched
yet, but I will in the next couple of days. By the way, it did detect the trojan - it was the
sheer size of theattack which got it thru. I have been running AVG on some of the
machine for about 3 months, and so far, I'm very happy with it, - it's free, it's unobtrusive,
it integrates very well with my email client(the Bat), and it has so far been very effectve.
But if I ever need to change, I will give wormguard a go.

sandman have you ever tried TDS-3 ? In my opinion and many others from experts to novice it's the best trojan scanner on the market.

Yes I have used Trojan Defence Suite for several period over the past 5 years,but I'vr always
ended up removing it again after a while. I don't question it's effectiveness and it has a lot of
options you wont find in other programs, but.... for some reason, it has never really cut it with me!

I'm using AVG antivirus now, i dont really know which is the best though

So far, it seems to be good.

is wormguard free and is it good...
if not what is the rrp