xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Geengy

Mafia 2?

i heard thatits coming out...any1 now how its or playd demo? and the protagonist isnt died? :P anyway mafia is one of most beautifull gemes...

Theres a rumor that due to some internal strife from the developers of Mafia, the sequel may be cancelled. I consider Mafia one of the best games Ive ever played, and if Mafia 2 gets cancelled, I will be very disappointed and sad. Definitely not good news:[/br][br]    According to the post, internal strife at Mafia developer Illusion Softworks has led to the firing of head programmer Daniel Vavraand to Mafia 2 being indefinitely postponed. The post also quotes Petr Vochozka, founder the Czech studio, as saying. It is a shame that the game wont be finished anytime soon. That sounds like an open-and-shut caseexcept Mafia 2 hasnt even been officially announced yet, and neither Illusion nor Mafia publisher Gathering are commenting on it.
so it seams tha commerce yet again defeats brain cells

but never the less i will wait for mafia 2 even for 5 years

Mafia is an absotuely brilliant game. It's probably the best example of how a game isn't just a game anymore but rather a whole interactive movie experience. It is true that at times the play was a little slow but the game's focus was not on the action but mostly the plot. If it was a much faster game people would simply call it a spinoff of Grand Theft Auto. They're similar games but with completely different directions and provide a level of originality with both that one struggles to find in games these days.

Well,I don't know why Mafia is in the Driving sub-forum,because it is much more complex game than just driving around. I agree that maybe Mafia is one of the best games ever. It reminds me of those great old games from Commodore 64 where everything that mattered was awesome gameplay and game atmosphere.When you get into that fantastic world,you are hooked,and you don't want and can't get out of it. I hope there will be a sequel in 2006.

Again as said i don't know why this is in driving subv-forum :P Its more of an Adventure/action game.I loved it. The cars in it where great. loved just crusing around in one of those big openj top cars, occasionaly getting out to beat a ganster to death .But the missiosn where all quality aswell. very involving and "gangster" like storyline, worthy of a film almost. Was frustrating at times, and was by no means an easy game. My only problem was that the repalyability once you had completed wasn't too great. Drive around city, drive around country, kill ppl, kill ppl in trams . . . .Shame there isn't a sequal being made though. Something of the same style and feel with better graphics and more gameplay would be excellent.

Actually mafia was released just before gta 3 if I remember right might be right after to but it had so much more then gta.It was more realistic, cars where slow yes but most cars from the timeline the game was created for are slow.Great story great gameplay was way ahead in its genre and I cant wait for mafia 2-Wodan