xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Memory card problem on computer

If anyone could help me on this one, I would be much apreciated... I could even give away a gmail invitation... :DI have a Motorola V980 mobile phone. It uses a TransFlash memory card. That kind of card isn't much known, is new I guess, and it's most used on mobiles, by it size and weight (never seen so small). Well, naturally it isn't much compatible with card readers, but it comes with and SD memory adapter, so it easily becomes an SD memory card. While SD, it is a lot compatible. I have a card reader, I put the card there and windows reads the card contents, but the data get somehow corrupted. If I copy data to the card, the mobile reads it well. But I've killed a card already because once, after putting data into the card several times, one time it showed files with invalid names and sizes. I tryed to delete, couldn't do it. After trying everything, I formatted the card, it returned error in the end of the format process, and the card never worked again. With the new card I have the old problem. This time I'm not to kill the card. I've searched the internet and found little info over this. Some guys with similar problem, it seems an imcompatibilitie of some cards with windows. Tryed to install an USB driver pack specified for memory card functioning, but it stills the same.Anyone can help? I tryed it on windows 2000, 2003 and XP, all with the same data corruption when retrieving data from the card. Unfortunatly, it seems not possible to put my card reader to work under linux. There is a remote chance of being a card reader problem, but I don't believe, it reads other types of cards with no problems. I can't be sure, because I only have this one card reader, I know no one that have one to try it out.Please help. It is of much importance, because with the mobile data cable I'm not allowed to do a lot of stuff that I can do if I put the card to work right.Thank you!

I'm not sure. But a few years ago I had a NEC videophone, it came with

software to download midifiles from the pc. Once you've downloaded

them, they wouldn't play. It turned out that it was midifiles allright,

but a proprietary format where I had to download special conversion

software from the web. Maybe you have a similar problem??

If you are stuck, I suggest trying to contact thcinaus

next time he is logged in. He seems to know about mobiles and electronics.

sandman, I don't think this is a similar problem, because I tryed a trick, I put some midi files on the memory card and got them back to the computer. They played on the computer before, and they play on the mobile, but after getting them back from the card they do not play. I didn't knew about the possibilitie of a special midi format, but I don't think that exists too on jpg images, and it too happens with jpg images.

I already posted a point to this post on electronics forum, I hope thcinaus reads it and be able to help, or someone else that knows about this. If he doesn't reply I'll try a pm. Thank you anyway. :D

Solved.Somehow my card reader doesn't work well with that kind of card. I'll get other card reader. Strange it works with other cards...Thank you all.

ThaSniper insert your damaged card in another reader and instead of formatt it make CHKDSK /R,this will fix it and will work :)Theres some readers especific for your card just search around the computer shops. A friend has one USB reader that reads directly that card without any adapter.Best regards to u.Portugal rula e muito!!! :)

Yes, it rula. :wink: Well, I got the damaged card back to the Vodafone store a while ago, and got back a new one. I tried to get my card reader to read it once again and same thing happened, but it's still working, I didn't atempted to format it this time. But it corrupted some data...A friend of mine have other card reader brand and the same mobile with the same card, and his card reader reads that card fine, with the SD adapter. I think getting a recent edition card reader should do it, it should work. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a specific card reader, a Motorola one, it will surely work. Anyway, I got the mobile data cable, so I can do almost everything, except for uploading games into the mobile... That will be the only purpose of the specific card reader. But I have a lot of games to Motorola, so it's worth buying the card reader. :) The bad thing is that I just found that 32Mb card is not enough... :) I'll probably will be buying the 128Mb card sooner or later...About the CHKDSK /R, I don't think it would have worked, but perhaps it would. At least, not with this card reader.Thank you dude!By the way, if you're interested in PHP-Nuke Platinum 7.6, there is a tranlation to Portugu?s going. I'll let you know When its ready. :)Hasta!