xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Aliens Vs Predators

It was...i suppose your average film...in my opinion...I mean it wasn't a let down (i wasn't expecting anything super), but it wasn't that good either. You know what i mean?I guess i wanted more alien action, and less people rambling around >>...

Considering the nature of films these days (1995-Onwards), I was fairly impressed. Paul Anderson is one of my favourite "new school" directors,...he's not afraid of making a film that most other directors wouldn't dare for fear of being lynched by angry fans.

Considering his wonderfully dark Event Horizon, and good conversions of video games; Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil (Yes I enjoyed them both...I'm a big fan of both games.) I was waiting for AvP with baited breath. Now like I said, films these days are not made the same way, as a culture; filmmaking has evolved...never (well rarely) again will a film have that particular "dirty space cowboy" feel of the Alien Series. Everything's more light and throw-away these days with the exception of the first Matrix and the possibly The Lord Of The Rings. But that's just a sweeping generalization. Don't read too much into it.

So I knew what to expect; a good action film, with a decent plot...but most importantly a film that adds more depth to the worlds of Aliens and Predator. I know for a fact that Paul Anderson is a big fan of both film series, so therefore he knew where he could add story and where he couldn't. I liked the whole idea of showing us the origins of the Weyland-Yutani corporation...it was possibly one of the only ways to convey the movie that I can think of.

Don't always listen to what others think...everyone has different tastes in movies.BTW: Resident Evil sucked. The only people who've praised it are probably RE -fanboys.

Don't always listen to what others think...everyone has different tastes in movies.

BTW: Resident Evil sucked. The only people who've praised it are probably RE -fanboys.

Quite right everyone does have their own opinions on films; but the fact is that the fanbase for the Resident Evil films is mainly the same as for the games because those who play games like Resident Evil; have a more open mind to films of this type. (Action/Survival/Sci-Fi Genre)

I am one of these people. I dislike films of the Mona Lisa Smile type because of what they are to me. Melo-dramatic drivel. Very good film,...but just not my cup of tea but I'd still give it about 4/5 though. I love a good cinematic game, such as Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, etc...All these games have got storylines that are mainly superior to many films. So why not make them into films at the end of the day.

The likes of Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid should follow Resident Evil into films as not only are the storys behind the games very intricate and full of intrigue; but contain interesting and complex characters. I get the feeling that you don't like the movies because you aren't a follower of the games. I know plenty of my mates that don't like any film that has zombies/mutants/vampires etc..just their preference. But then again maybe I'm wrong...

Hi guys,I goofed and posted a new thread without searching and I appologise for that so im here posting since what I started got locked and I thought what I said was kinda interested so here is what I posted from before.......Hi guys just a movie review I just bought the AVP DVD "Aliens VS Predator" and with me being a scifi buff I knew better then to look for a plot but I was kinda suprised. There was a plot in this flick. Yes they brought alot of special effects that was expected in this film but the story line had meaning. Okay what happend to major action scene, meaningless violence, and rip roaring suspense. Thats what I felt was lacking. Not trying to take away from the movie because they probably did the best they could but for these 2 major scifi characters there in my opinion should of been more. explain this to me people - Why does predator in ever movie, comic book etc ends up being the one who gets punked.... The predator has superior weapons, superior survival skills and obviously more brain power.... but in the comic books even tarzan beatr him go figure huh.... okay thats enough on my rants and raves and this is my review please comment on it if you want

I had expected more and longer fights between the aliens and predators.But overall a nice movie to entertain and a must see if you have seen al the other aliens/predator movies.

It was a nice movie...too bad that only a girl survived....Not really realistic.But i liked the action and the story but i could be much better! :)