xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Matrix

Saying that you got me started :roll:.

The Matrix

By far the best for its downright depth and originality. Like a big ol' philosophical punch to the senses. It's darker than the other two and the first few times you watch it,...it shocks. But the thing is; is that it retains that shock factor the whole way through. Add to that some smooth special effects that create the perfect edge to the idea that what we are seeing is nothing more than a computer generated dream world.

The Matrix - Reloaded

Not as good as the first, yet not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. (Some people don't realise that the Merovingian's accent was supposed to be exaggerated to express how the character enjoys speaking French rather than the common language of the film English.) Anyhow, a move up in the special effects department was all due to the fact that this film is about a war at the end of the day. I don't remember too many people complaining about explosions left, right and centre in Pearl Harbour or Saving Private Ryan? Also I felt that the plot was very sound if slightly complicated, but we need more films that make us think...the world would be boring without them, and if your a Matrix fan at all you should have been crying out for a strong, winding plot. All in all a worthy sequel.

The Matrix - Revolutions

Moving on to the better of the two sequels. Why? Well not for some poxy reason like the second one had too many explosions; or stereotypical Frenchmen; but for the simple fact that I thought it was a great conclusion in the context of the film world. Of course in real life we wouldn't have mano v mano in the finale; the bad guy would be taken out by a SWAT team or something. So all those who groaned when Neo took on Smith in the last section of the movie; stop whining. It was pure. Good, against Evil. Also the thread of plot concerning the Battle of Zion was damn cool. So what if 17 minutes of utter bullets/death/squidies (delete where applicable) was too much. It wasn't enough! I found it enthralling; full of drama and heroism from most of the supporting cast. Particularly the last stand of Mifune.

For all three movies however; for me they are amazing. I'll say this to all those who knock them...they are only films, not documentaries. Who cares if some of it is far fetched with all the jumping and flying about.

It's absolute escapism.

The first one is a classic, the other two, i would only watch for the action. Probably can't watch a 2nd time unless i haven't seen them in a long time >>

Yeah, I know what you mean. I only watch the newer two for the fight scenes really. Then I just shut it off. :D I must say, that fight scene in the last one was kindof gay. I was hoping Agent Smith and Neo were going to fight on the ground and not in the air most of the time. Just not too practical.

i like the first one the best >.>but i luv them all to death i got the ultimate dvd collection :lol:i am a matrix freak T-T and proud of it :D

i like the first one the best >.>
but i luv them all to death i got the ultimate dvd collection :lol:

i am a matrix freak T-T and proud of it :D

The DVD collection is good. Particularly like the attention to all things Matrix; i.e all the extras and obviously the Ani-Matrix also.