xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Invision board VS phpbb

which one do you like better?feel free to post your comments here!* I like IBP better, because it's easy to manage and other than that, it's has more modifications than Phpbb.I am using a 2.0.0 now, and i really like it! :D

50/50 agree.im using ipb1.3 although i have 2.0 trial. 1.3 has more mods and skins.when IPS goes commercial, great modders and skinners leave invisionize. 2.0 has many mods, but no great and some of them are redundant.in comparison with phpbb, (my own opinion)well modded ipb > well moded phpbb > ipb > phpbbbut, ipb doesnot allow premoded redistribution. even, there is no way to download 1.3 officially. sucks!and for those who nonenglish users, phpbb is better. ipb admincp language is only english regardless of your lang-pack.when phpbb 2.2 release, i 'll switch to it.

I can't really decide. I've almost always used IPB. But it pisses me off that it's not free anymore. So someday I'll probably mod the heck outta PHPBB and use that.

Hi,I think, IPB is MUCH better.It have to much mods, which phpBB doesn't.It have subforums, adding profile fields via admin panel, and MILION other VERY good features.phpBB is poor without them.But phpBB 2.2 , version is perfect and have much new features and better look.bye...

IPB 1.3. It's free and powerful. And mods are easier to install.

i like 1.3 too. but, it seems that many of invisionize moders does not work on 1.3 anymore. (eg. D-scripting)
yes! many of them already contributed to 1.3. but, i cant afford to buy 2.0.x license.
and 2.0.x has no great mods for us free hosting users (eg. ftp upload to another server)
http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/1283
now im searching for a good 1.3 freeunion for only free users.

ipb is not free but very easy for noobs to use.....phpbb is more features but quite hard for noob like me to understand and use.....not reccommended unless you can understand php

oh~ sorry for bump.i have a question about phpbb 2.2!when it is released , current mods for 2.0.x will be useless? we should start modding from the first?

Huh? i see that most of you is for IPB

well,i gotta disagree to that!
phpbb is faster & easier to modify,it's easy to install,it's free
i used a lot of forums and trust me phpbb is the one!

even MERCURY BOARD is better than IPB

and one main thing which was annoying in IPB - subcategories of forums are so,dunno,HUGE

and all categories are splitted with 10-20px of space