xisto Community
iGuest

My Online Mp3 PLayer

here is the beta version of my website.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
this site is legal. the player isnt actually playing mp3's or wav's, and i have encoded the page, and even if you can manage to download the songs, you cant use them because of there special extension.

P.S.
my site is not hosted by Free Nuke Hosting, but i was wondering if i recieved hosting here, if i could my site on it, or do you not allow music at all or something.

Great site, I love it, I think that if you could really prove that the music cannot be downloaded and distributed then you have your site hosted here. :D

Lol, this is definately not allowed. It's illegal to put mp3 on your website, without owing the copyright. You could even be sued for this, I think.You could maybe try to contact little bands. They will maybe give you an approval to put their music on your site.

if you didnt understand the first post, i know for a fact that my site is legal.#1 : site is encripted#2 : music isnt in mp3 format#3 : even if somehow someone managed to download the songs, they cant play them cause there a special format that cannot be used with Windows media player, or real player, quicktime, etc.#4 : also the music is super compressed, so low space and bandwidthit try adding a couple songs everyday, so check it often.and please tell other ppl about. :Dthnx djbungle

^^encrypted* :wink:

**EDIT**

Oh yeah and about the site being hosted here I can't see why not. Nice work.

What Bondings is referring to is that you must have the permission to even broadcast them over the net. Radio stations must get permission before playing music to public. But there are so many online stations and sites with music playing that its impossible to keep up with the permissions. Your site is fine.

i guess....i know about radios having to pay royalties and that but.......meh.im not publicly broadcasting it though, its like an online music tester, like those booths at HMV an A&B sound. :D

It's not that I don't like your website, it looks great and I already listened to your music, but I think admin should see this first. You have to remember that FNH was closed because of illegal files. I don't think he wants it to happen again! So please post this is the feadback forum, admin isn't coming in here.The difference with a radio station is that they broadcast music in a certain order and on your website, the users can choose a song and listen to it whenever they want. Why should they buy the cd then?Imagine you're a musician and it's your only source of money and then someone puts all your music on his website and people can listen to it whenever they want, they will never buy your cd then!And radio stations pay small comissions to the musicians, every time their song is played.And it is publicly broadcasting! Your website could possibly be viewed by millions of people. Just look at all the countries in awstats! If that's not publicly!

I have to agree with Bondings, this is probably illegal and even if it's not, it's definately in a grey area. Eventhough I love the music and the way your site looks, I'd have to recommand Admin to take your site off the web.....

His website is still on xtreme-webhost. And if I were him, I would leave it there unless admin approves it. And I think that the chance he will do so is very low.

I have to agree with Bondings, this is probably illegal and even if it's not, it's definately in a grey area. Eventhough I love the music and the way your site looks,  I'd have to recommand Admin to take your site off the web.....

im hosted by XWH not FNH, i just wanted to know IF i could host my site here.
and the reason you couldnt view it was probly cause i was uploading more music. :D

and XWH said that my site was ok, and i signed up for google ads and they check your site for mp3's and illegal content before they let you place thier ads, so if they say its ok will you guys host me?

You have to ask it to admin! And admin never looks to 'show of your website' so you have to post it in feedback/suggestions/bugs and then you might get an answer.