xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ariel

Motherboards What you reccomend??

Hi people, i open this topic for know what mother is good for a new computer and have a low cost, Asus, Asrock, Intel, etc.?I listen your opinions, thanks!

I dont know.... It depends.... whats the processor?I think if u are planning use AMD the EliteGroup had some better motherboards than ASUS.But if u are planing overclocking use ASUS because is much more resistent to Hidrogen ;-DWil

It really depends on what type of CPU you are using. If you are using an AMD CPU, which most gamers use, Elitegroup's motherboards should be quite good enough. However, if you're getting Intel or Pentium CPU, you should also get an Intel motherboard.I am presently using an AMD CPU so I use the Elitegroup Motherboard. However, choosing motherboards not only soley depend on the CPU, there are lots of stuff, such as PCI slots, AGP slots, front bus speeds, RAM slots and so on.

I think to use AMD processor for low cost. Elite Group is not in Argentine, have another name?? A friend have a AMD processor (duron) at 2500 mhz with 128 mb of ram + mother asrock and is too low, my computer is more fast that this (pentium III 750 mhz with Windows Xp), you reccomend a AMD processor??Thanks!

I think to use AMD processor for low cost. Elite Group is not in Argentine, have another name?? A friend have a AMD processor (duron) at 2500 mhz with 128 mb of ram + mother asrock  and is too low, my computer is more fast that this (pentium III 750 mhz with Windows Xp), you reccomend a AMD processor??

Thanks!

I agree with Shackman; one component of a PC depends on another.

As for AMD chips, I wouldn't recommend them if you do high-end work that depends on CPU power, then Pentium 4 is a must. But for common business apps and simple graphics loads, AMD chips are more than adequate for these.

Yes, i agree with you...i think that i buy pentium 4 because i work with many software of design...ASUS Mother + PENTIUM 4...what you think?? works??

Yep, my high-end rig is a P4 on an ASUS and I haven't had a problem since I bought it more than a year ago. But to give ur PC a leg up get as much memory as you can specially if your using it for intensive programs.

Yes, its true...i have in this momento 128 mb and works a little slow...In this days i hope to buy a asus mother and pentium processor!!!

I think to use AMD processor for low cost. Elite Group is not in Argentine, have another name?? A friend have a AMD processor (duron) at 2500 mhz with 128 mb of ram + mother asrock  and is too low, my computer is more fast that this (pentium III 750 mhz with Windows Xp), you reccomend a AMD processor??

Thanks!

Its probably due to RAM and or his computer being clogged up with software.

Hi Shackman, i think too is the Ram is not good and the computer go too slow for this. I say him that buy other ram, o told you later if work better.Thanks!