xisto Community
OpaQue

Adding Sub-domains

QUESTION : by Footbal123213

ok when i add a  Sub-Domains  how can i make that user log on? or dous it work that way?cuss like my friend needs so hosting and i was going 2 share

so could it be like

slayton.football123213.trap17.com
pass What ever he wanted or dous it not work that way?

if am rong pls tell me

Ans :

The hosting provided to you is for the sole purpose of your use only . But if you want to create subdomains, you are free to do so. In the FTP controls, you can make up a seperate login ID and password for that directory so that you can give it to your users. The user will be able to login to that directory by that userid and password. However, he cannot alter or even see files at the parent directory level. So, the FTP restricts his access to that directory only.
Another Note : You cannot create seperate Cpanel logins. It is not recommended for you to give out the cpanel userid and password openly or share it. If you do it, then you might lose everything. giving it is like giving out the complete control of your domain. so better be careful with it.

Curious, but if you allowed and made seperate logins for a sub-directory, what things are those users allowed to do in that certain directory? (Upload, Delete, etc) Also, would they be allowed to create subdomains for their subdomains?And by the way - best question and answer ever, this is rather useful.

But if you want to create subdomains, you are free to do so. In the FTP controls, you can make up a seperate login ID and password for that directory so that you can give it to your users.

There's your answer. (You can.)

Now as to how, I have not a clue, as I've never used CPanel. Sorry.

lol ok
admins u got somthing 4 me?

admin is a very busy man. so you gotta give him some time to answer you.

Dude  i was not rushing him damn man
dont worry me and admin wear talking on pm

ok i heard you but you shouldn't tell us all that you and admin were talking through PM....ok? You shouldnt let the cat out of the bag about what you discussed with the admin in private.

Stay Kool..

Dude  i was not rushing him damn man
dont worry me and admin wear talking on pm

ok i heard you but you shouldn't tell us all that you and admin were talking through PM....ok? You shouldnt let the cat out of the bag about what you discussed with the admin in private.

Stay Kool..
that makes absolutly no sence at all...