xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ket

Changed Pw And Now I Can't Remember :(

hello,

it might seem a little dumb (or maybe no...) but i changed my pw (not the pw for the forums... the ftp and cpanel one) and now i can't remember the pw.

i tried searching around and couldn't find a "tool" that "gives" me the pw.

can anyone help me out?

thanks,

ket

lol triple x, thanks for the tip :D i have so many passwords to remember that i keep forgeting some~ gota start writing down all the passwords now :P PM sent to the admin!

lol triple x, thanks for the tip  :D
i have so many passwords to remember that i keep forgeting some~ gota start writing down all the passwords now :P

PM sent to the admin!

You could also type them up into a .txt file (And encrpyt it), or even use something like a password manager..

the password manager looks like a good idea, any recomendation in what program to use? i just googled for "password manager" and got so many options.. btw, thanks admin! :P

lol triple x, thanks for the tip  :D
i have so many passwords to remember that i keep forgeting some~ gota start writing down all the passwords now :P

PM sent to the admin!

You could also type them up into a .txt file (And encrpyt it), or even use something like a password manager..
I have a txt file, its not encrypted though o_O I'm not sure how to....it used to be named "Usernames and Passwords" then my mom layed a reality check on me...."IDIOT" v_v so I changed it to something totaly different cuz if someone hacked into my comp....but still even though I changed the name I could still get hacked and they could get it, not sure how a p/w manager works...*googles* maybe that'll work better.

I have a txt file, its not encrypted though o_O I'm not sure how to....it used to be named "Usernames and Passwords" then my mom layed a reality check on me...."IDIOT" v_v so I changed it to something totaly different cuz if someone hacked into my comp....but still even though I changed the name I could still get hacked and they could get it, not sure how a p/w manager works...*googles* maybe that'll work better.

I wouldn't download any password manager without scanning them with Spybot and Adaware first. Any idea how easy it is to use a spybot/trojan to get your passwords form those? :P
Here's a few from download.com. :D

Password Manager XP 1.99 build 227 4 Stars, Free to Try

KeePass 0.93b 5 Stars, Free.

RoboForm 6.0 5 Stars, Free.

here's a tip: notepad + pen. that way whoever gets into your stuff, you can kick their *bottom*. cause you'll know them in rl. :P besides, why waste memory on your computer?

here's a tip: notepad + pen. that way whoever gets into your stuff, you can kick their *bottom*. cause you'll know them in rl.  :P  besides, why waste memory on your computer?

uuuuuuuuuuu...,i'll waste all my free space on comp .... 200bytes..my hdd isnt that big :D

i'm lazy, so i dont write down my pw-s..

i simply...use ONLY ONE for everything.....

and that pw is

hehehe :P

here's a tip: notepad + pen. that way whoever gets into your stuff, you can kick their *bottom*. cause you'll know them in rl.  :P  besides, why waste memory on your computer?

yes, thats what i've been doing with other accounts i have, but i forgot to write down this one :D

that method has it pros and cons...

pros - its only one pw for everything so you'll probably never forget it...

cons - if someone finds out your pw, they have access to everything you have...

in this case, cons > pros

uuuuuuuuuuu...,i'll waste all my free space on comp .... 200bytes..my hdd isnt that big :D

i'm lazy, so i dont write down my pw-s..

and that pw is

hehehe :P
You use a universal pass? hahahaha >_> dude you should not use the same password for everything, as ^^^^ said if someone figures out that password they can get into everything, not good.

Piece of advice: Use different passwords, NOT a uni pass.

Errmm.. I don't understand this whole thing about security, nobody would ever want your password unless they could get credit card information or such, and that's near impossible ot do.

Now maybe you make a hacker angry somewhere. Maybe they might try to hack you. If you've got a firewall, you're 99.9% safe. Now, if you download a spybot, or something of the sort. You brought it on yourself by not scanning it with an antivirus program.

Errmm.. I don't understand this whole thing about security, nobody would ever want your password unless they could get credit card information or such, and that's near impossible ot do.

Now maybe you make a hacker angry somewhere. Maybe they might try to hack you. If you've got a firewall, you're 99.9% safe. Now, if you download a spybot, or something of the sort. You brought it on yourself by not scanning it with an antivirus program.

Uh dude yes, say you piss someone off on a forum or they just don't like you or their just bored >_> they can log into your account and get you banned, and there is plenty of other things people can do.