xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Triple X

Ok This May Be A Dumb Question But... About PhpNuke

I wanted to try out this phpnuke thing, but when I went to it it was a blank page, so Iwent into the file manager and to its folder, and every file(admin.php index.php config.php and modules.php) was empty, so wtf how does this work?

It could be that u dont have space 4 it cuss its a big progm

Uh I'mbarely using ANY space dude, plusnow I can't even get into my cd player, keeps saying its loading andnever does. Sigh.

Mayhaps you are not CHMODing it correctly? I generally set things like that to 755 (Everything but Write options for public, users.)Also, you may have installed it incorrectly.

Mayhaps you are not CHMODing it correctly? I generally set things like that to 755 (Everything but Write options for public, users.)
Also, you may have installed it incorrectly.

O_o all I did was go into the script library, click on it, and set it to myownworld.trap17.com/nuke.

Disk usage 20.00 Megabytes
SQL Disk usage 0.36 Megabytes
Disk space available 0.00 Megabytes

Uh....ok uhm I guess that would be it o_o *goes to request an upgrade*

Did you try reading the manual :P.. the pages were empty because its php you need to look at the file's source code and to install it upload the thing chmod the files it asks to chmod then you go to install.php if there is one or to the index or you can get a installer upload it then enter it's index page with is nukesql.php i think, the installers are named as nukesql so look for it, it might help...Phpnuke owns mango

Mayhaps you are not CHMODing it correctly? I generally set things like that to 755 (Everything but Write options for public, users.)
Also, you may have installed it incorrectly.

O_o all I did was go into the script library, click on it, and set it to myownworld.trap17.com/nuke.

Disk usage 20.00 Megabytes
SQL Disk usage 0.36 Megabytes
Disk space available 0.00 Megabytes

Uh....ok uhm I guess that would be it o_o *goes to request an upgrade*
I asked like this in some other thread.. i cant install php nuke using Cpanel add scripts... the page was empty.. but As i was searching around topics... i downloaded php Nuke 7.4 then uploda it to site.. and its work...!! BUT THE BIG problem is.. THE DATABASE.. this is the porblem i was trying to ask on some threads.... I done know how.. ive created a dtabase... but i didnt work...~~ any help plss... A step by step process... plss pls... pls... im begging to some PHP nuke users here!! i need ur help!

Well, I think mambo is certainly easier to use, but the main reason why the thing is not working is almost certainly the diskspace. Try mambo though, I think youll like it more...(yes i know it is iwned by phpnuke)

phpnuke is better and it doesnt take up 20mb i hav successfully installed 2 phpnuke projects and they each take about 10mb.
Triple x you probably havn't installed your database correctly or uploaded all the files. If you installed using the cpanel i suggest you dont, you should download phpnuke 7.4 patched from Nuke scripts as it is more secure then 6.8 in cpanel.
You should start from srcatch and upload all the files from the archive of the phpnuke release you download as says in the instructions, then use the following instructions to set up your database and config.php:

Create the database through cpanel in the mysql database section (eg nuke which becomes punit_nuke)
then you must create a user (eg punit which becomes punit_punit) give this user full access rights to the database punit_nuke.
NOTE: This part is all done through cpanels mysql database section.

Yeh you can import sql files, its easy go to phpmyadmin. Then select the database you created on the left(eg. punit_nuke), then your database's inserts will show up (if you have any) on the right frame. Then click the button sql up the top in the right frame, then the sql import page comes up and browse for the file on you computer and select go.
Your sql file is then imported into your database and all the tables and lines etc are created. (if it says completed succesfully)

Now open your config.php file and make the following changes to the parts with ***. I will use the database punit_nuke and user punit_punit as examples.

[br][/br]<?php[br][/br]######################################################################[br]# PHP-NUKE: Advanced Content Management System[/br]# ============================================[br]#[/br]# Copyright (c) 2002 by Francisco Burzi (fbc@mandrakesoft.com)[br]# http://phpnuke.org[br]#[/br]# This module is to configure the main options for your site[br]#[/br]# This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify[/br]# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by[br]# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.[/br]######################################################################[br][/br]######################################################################[br]# Database & System Config[br]#[/br]# dbhost:       SQL Database Hostname[/br]# dbuname:      SQL Username[br]# dbpass:       SQL Password[/br]# dbname:       SQL Database Name[br]# $prefix:      Your Database table's prefix[/br]# $user_prefix: Your Users' Database table's prefix (To share it)[br]# $dbtype:      Your Database Server type. Supported servers are:[/br]#               MySQL, mysql4, postgres, mssql, oracle, msaccess,[br]#               db2 and mssql-odbc[/br]#               Be sure to write it exactly as above, case SeNsItIvE![br]# $sitekey: Security Key. CHANGE it to whatever you want, as long[/br]#               as you want. Just don't use quotes.[br]# $gfx_chk: Set the graphic security code on every login screen,[/br]#  You need to have GD extension installed:[br]#  0: No check[/br]#  1: Administrators login only[br]#  2: Users login only[/br]#  3: New users registration only[br]#  4: Both, users login and new users registration only[/br]#  5: Administrators and users login only[br]#  6: Administrators and new users registration only[/br]#  7: Everywhere on all login options (Admins and Users)[br]#  NOTE: If you aren't sure set this value to 0[/br]# $subscription_url : If you manage subscriptions on your site, you[br]#                     must write here the url of the subscription[/br]#                     information/renewal page. This will send by[br]#                     email if set.[/br]######################################################################[br][/br]$dbhost = "localhost"; (LEAVE THIS)[br]$dbuname = "punit_punit"; ***********[/br]$dbpass = "password";*************(user punit_punit's psword)[br]$dbname = "punit_nuke";************[/br]$prefix = "nuke"; (LEAVE THIS)[br]$user_prefix = "nuke"; (LEAVE THIS)[/br]$dbtype = "MySQL";[br]$sitekey = "SdFk*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+e9";[/br]$gfx_chk = 0;[br]$subscription_url = "";[br][/br]

Then go create your super user at you admin.php of your nuke directory.

[/br]Hope this helps

Have fun with it, I was going to try it again but I found out from someone that its easy to hack since it just uses mysql and tables and no encryption(sp?). I am not going to waste the time just to get hacked easily...

Its only easy to hack if you use an older version of phpnuke because most of them are not patched by chatserv. The mysql tables are scrambled and you cant tell which scripts calls which table. The newest version 7.5 chatserved patched 2.6 available at Nuke Resources is damn secure. Everyone should try it!!