xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How to get more traffic to your website?

You can post tips about how to get more traffic to your website here.My tips are:1) Submit your website to google. This is free and easy, you can do it on the website of Google. This is optional.2) The most important thing is to get some links from other websites. Try to search for a website that has similar content as yours. Contact the administrator of that website for a link exchange. Most of the time, you won't get an answer, but if you have a good website, you will certainly get a response soon from one of them, if you send a lot of those emails. 3) Try to get in some directories. The best known is Dmoz, but it's hard to get in there. You can also try in Zeal. Just search for google for that and try to submit in as many as possible (different) directories. If you're lucky you'll get in a number of them.All those links will help you to have a better google ranking and to get more traffic.4) Try to participate in website contest/awards. This is not as good as it might look, because most of the visitors you get are very quickly gone.5) You can present your website in different forums. This is very risky, because those posts can be considered as spam. Post them only in a topic called "cool sites" or "review your website" or something like that. You'll get a lot of visitors in the next week, but you'll have to do this every week, so this is NOT an option in the long term.You must have a good website with a lot of content and don't try to worry a lot about those keywords. If you have a good website, people will link to you, you will get a good rank in google and much people will come to your website. The only important thing you have to know is that your first sentence is very important.Good luck to all of you with your websites.

Good tutorial. Addons:* Quality links: look for quality links (site wiith a higher pagerank than yours!)* The best way (and the soonest) way that Search Engine Bots will visit your site are qualty links (I know, because I didn't submitted my site on google's site but got listed in 72 hours in Google!!!!!!!)* Be patient, I takes time for a Search Engine Bot to find your site (it usely takes 6-8 weeks before Google even visits your site, I told my record was once 72 hours, but that's rarely the case, so be very patient!).* Linkfarming doesn't help (at least for Google - see the Google webmasterguide)!* Read the Google Webmasterguide!* Add you site also to other Search Engines.* Don't overload your keyword-density, on a scale from 1 to 15, you should score between 2 and 5. A lot of Search Engine consider more the a 5 as spam ans spam = ban.*** Don't accept every site that wants to trade links with your site.** = Don't know if this is true I just read it!

abcde, how do you know how long google took?
thanks

Because I once started my website on a day, and about three days later I was visited several times by Googl Bot 2.1 and was listed in Google.

Google bot visited my site several times but each time with only 2 hits. And this is not enough to get listed in google, the bot has to see the whole site I suppose.

Google bot visited my site several times but each time with only 2 hits. And this is not enough to get listed in google, the bot has to see the whole site I suppose.

No, it hasn't have to be, often the Google Bot is only recodniced if it get to your site through the index page.

No only a index page visit is enough to be listed! Your were talking about your site being cached, therefor 2 hits are not enough, but mopre are.

Make it so, that the Google Bot visits you every day to get indexed soon(in my case it visited my site once or twice a day and got me listed in 72 hours.).

Extra tip:

* Google likes site's with fresh content.

thanx for the info on the bots.(never knew anything about search engine bots) I thought they had teams of people manually checking newly listed sites.

I heard that before we submit our site to open directory like dmoz.org which google use, we should first submit it to Yahoo Directory. Do you know what is the reason behind? Now I don't know whether I should apply Bondings suggestions....

I never heared of that, but my tips aren't chronological. But before submitting to the big directories remember: they only accept very good websites and you have only one chance. If you submit it with a wrong description or in the wrong category, you will NEVER be able to replace or change it. That's the difference with small directories, there you can email for those things.