xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aqvilifer

Lord of the Rings

The book is MUCH better than the film, but thats not to see the film is bad.The Is great, but left out a ton of stuff in the book. For example, Tom Bombadile.If you read the book, you knwo who i'm talking about. but if you haven't read the book, and enjoyed the film, I advise reading it.

even though i have never read the books I knew that the series was one of the best in world and when it came out on movies i was hooked yet i still havn't read them i know they should be interesting to read

Lord of the Rings! I adore those books, as well as The Hobbit :P The Lord of the Rings is a truly beautiful series - they read like the history of earth before the Age of Men, our age. Poignant, exciting, full of adventure, romance and friendship, the whole series is a wonder that everyone should be exposed to.Granted, in some bits it can be a wee bit draggy (i.e. the long Elves' songs), but overall all SIX books (that's right, not 3, they were originally 6 books) are a joy to read :PThe Hobbit is also a really great book - it tells the story of Frodo's uncle, Bilbo Baggins, and his adventure as a Hobbit Burglar with the Dwarves at Lonely Mountain to retrieve their treasure. If you've never read the books, read The Hobbit, so that you get used to the style (it's also a lot shorter), then progress on to LOTR.I first read The Hobbit in 2001 after it was recommended to me. Then, knowing that The Fellowship of the Ring was coming out that December, I read LOTR. It took me 1 month to finish, amid final year prelim exams before my O Levels (big national exam taken at the age of 16).Regarding the movies, they are masterpieces too. Although there are some bits I wish were in the movies, I believe that Peter Jackson did the best job he could and the movies he made are true classics :(

Tolkien is da great man... :rolleyes: Lord of the rings just a fancy, but and old people and little children read this! :lol: I like how actions goes there, i like how beautiful world of elfs and ugly and cold world of allseeing eye. It's a best book that i ever read!

Tolkien is da great man... :rolleyes: Lord of the rings just a fancy, but and old people and little children read this! :lol: I like how actions goes there, i like how beautiful world of elfs and ugly and cold world of allseeing eye. It's a best book that i ever read!

Keeper, Sons of the Dragon http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The language is amazing. The way he describes everything, its like he's writing in verse but he's not. The songs are o.k but I don't appreciate them as much since I don't know the melody of it!! hehe.

I really like Lord of the ring. I only read 2 of the book,s and its awsome. The story is great, and writing is fabulos. I stop reading the book cause i watched the movie instead cause its faster and cooler. But the movie does usually not mtch the book. Overall, i love the books, it would be one of my favorites, maybe my 3 or 4th favorite. i read the hobbit, since it wasnt movied, and it was an awsome book, i was hooked to it and couldnt put it down. Tolkien is an amazing author and should write more.