xisto Community
OpaQue

Uploading Files And Connecting To Ftp using WsFtppro

The fastest, most reliable way to upload or download files is through FTP. If you don't already have your own Web page, read our reviews of over 80 free Webhost. If you don't have an FTP client, Download WS_FTP Pro now.Step 1 - Connect your computer to the Internet.Step 2 - Launch WS_FTP Pro by clicking on the WS_FTP Pro icon that's on your desktop. If you do not have a WS_FTP Pro icon on your desktop, click on the Start button and then select Programs, then WS_FTP, and then WS_FTP Pro.Step 3 - Connecting to an FTP site:When you open WS_FTP Pro, you're taken directly to the Connect to Remote Host Window. First, highlight the folder labeled MySites by clicking on it once. Once you've highlighted MySites, click on the Create Site button from the right-hand side (this will create a new site profile within the MySites folder).When you clicked the Create Site button, the WS_FTP Pro Site Profile Wizard Window should have opened. Please enter your desired profile Name. This Name can be anything you want. It is use as the display name within the MySites folder.Once you've enter the profile Name, click the Next button. The WS_FTP Pro Site Profile Wizard will now ask you for your Host Name or IP Address information:Once you've entered the the Host Name or IP Address, click the Next button. The WS_FTP Pro Site Profile Wizard will now ask you for a User Id and Password.Please enter YOUR USER NAME for the User Id and YOUR PASSWORD for the Password. Then check the Save Password checkbox, which will save your password so that you don't have to re-enter it every time you want to connect.Once you've entered you User Id and Password (leave the Account field blank), click the Finish button. This will bring you back at the Connect to Remote Host Window. You'll notice a new folder for the FTP site has been added within the MySites directory.We're now ready to connect. Click the Connect button and WS_FTP Pro will connect you to the FTP site. If you have speakers on your computer, you'll hear the sound when you've successfully connected.The left side (or left pane) is a view of the files on your computer or your Local System. The right side is a view of the files on the FTP site or Remote System.To transfer files between your local system and your remote system, first highlight the file by clicking on the file name once. Then click the appropriate green transfer arrow located between the right and left pane. The right arrow transfers files from the left side (your computer) to the right site ( Website) and visa versa.-- As Submited by Codename_88 at our partner-site.

Well,

FileZilla is open source and free, and is very easy to use.

AceFTP is also free , but ad supported... but very easy to use.

Search in Googlue for free FTP software or the above specific softwares!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea filezilla is a kool ftp client program. I have been using it for some time now.

Ive checked, cute, commander and some others. Most of those are not free anymore. Im still looking :D

Cammy. Get Firezilla. Its the best out there. You can do everything. You can even send custom FTP commands to the server. It is also 100% free, not ad-supported and very simple to use.

You can have everything the modern FTP client has. Drag and Drop uploading and downloading, uploading and downloading process screen, server list and much, much more. It is also the fastest FTP client i've used. Evar.

I would really say for you to use Filezilla. 100% free. I'll edit this post with a download link now.

https://filezilla-project.org/

Ill put the link on my favourites in case. In the meantime Im on to program 4 lol its called ftp wanderer. Its free so far. Ill let you know if it worked.

Oh damn. I forgot to edit my post. Anyway, done now. Hope you try it out.

Link: https://filezilla-project.org/

It really is a good program. Free, and you can trust sourceforge downloads, can't you? Even though they have the most annoying download system ever. I hate choosing a mirror everytim I download. *Rants*.

Ive been using smartFTP as its easy to use and works pretty well. Now there are alot of differant ftp programs but what are the differances between them? Is there better than smartFTP and why?

Try this site... http://ftp.philonthe.net/ :P the site make files uploading to be easy :D . You are only compress your files and the site will extracts them to server.

FTP server : ftp.username.trap17.com
port : 21
Username : (ftp username at Xisto)
Password : (ftp password at Xisto)
Initial directory : /public_html
FTP mode : [] Binary [/] Automatic

Normal file upload and archives file type : zip, tar, tgz, gz.

i hope it will be useful for anyone. ;)