xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cateye999

Spider-man 2

Spider-man 2By cateyeIt's been two years since high school student Peter Parker (TOBEY MAGUIRE) was bit by a genetically altered spider that turned him into a teenager with superhuman powers. He no longer lives with his widowed Aunt May (ROSEMARY HARRIS), but still feels guilty about not stopping the robber who eventually shot his uncle dead. He also feels torn between fighting crime in the big city and trying to lead a normal life. The latter includes his unfulfilled feelings toward his former next-door neighbor, Mary Jane Watson (KIRSTEN DUNST), who's now a stage actress. Then there's his best friend, Harry Osborn (JAMES FRANCO), who hates his alter-ego, Spider-Man, whom he blames for his father's death. With Daily Bugle editor J. Jonah Jameson (J.K. SIMMONS) putting more pressure on Peter to deliver new photos of the web-slinger, Peter faces an identity crisis as his dual-end candle burning increasingly takes a toll on him and his personal and academic life. It's with the latter that he meets Otto Octavius (ALFRED MOLINA), a scientist employed by Harry's inherited company who's trying to create a fusion energy source. During a demo of his latest experiment -- where he uses robotic, tentacle arms that are temporarily attached to his spine -- things go terribly awry. Those sentient tentacles not only become fused to Otto's body, but also take over his mind, creating a villain known as Dr. Octopus or "Doc Ock." As Peter tries to work his way through his identity crisis and feelings toward Mary Jane, he must contend with Harry wanting Spider-Man dead and Doc Ock's quest to resume his fusion experiments that soon threaten everyone in the city. This movie rocked, it is better than the first. Better story, More Action, More Romance, Better acting, not so cheesy as the first, and a creepy scene with Doc Ock in the Hospital.You need to see this movie, it is the best movie of the summer by far! It is incredible! Amazing! Super! Excellent! Weveryone has see this movie?

Going into the theater, I wasn't too thrilled that we'd be watching Spiderman 2. He's not my fav comic book hero. In the first movie, Tobey was just such a pathetic Peter Parker, so I figured hooboy Tobey sulking for 2 hours in red spandex... but really it turned out to be the best movie I think i've seen all summer, which is rather disappointing. LMAO (I had hoped I'd like VanHelsing and Troy a whole lot more than I did.) S2 was a fun romp - cgi wasn't too overbearing nor was the MJ/PP romance. I'd recommend seeing it to friends

Yes,I love that movie.It is the best I've seen since Mean Girls.I love the effects and the whole plot of it.I'd have to say that it might not ever end.The end was so stunning to me,but I can't say what it is because I might spoil it for someone B) I would definately recommend it to any of my friends^.^

I saw spider man 2 a few weeks ago, it was really good! I loved the first one too :P

SP2 Good movie. Better then the 1st one. I have saw it 2 and a half times. I'm a big movie rat lol. The CGI was GREAT. The story was good. I was happy to see Dr.Op in it. The ending was good cant wait for the 3rd one :PRating 9/10